Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terkini Anwar Ibrahim - Ayuh Dedahkan Rasuah Saya!
Mesra.net Forum > Politics > Politik Nasional > Tokoh-Tokoh Politik
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Ewan_sn
Kisah Ustaz2 UMNO menemui Yusuf Al-Qardhawi untuk menjelaskan pemecatan Anwar dan jawpan Yusuf Al-Qardhawi

Ikuti Di Sini
Ewan_sn
Sila KLIK KAT SINI untuk Ucapan Dato' Sri Anwar Di Stadium Kota Bharu bersama Dato' Nik Aziz

Ewan_sn
Face to Face: Anwar Ibrahim

Anwar Ibrahim, Malaysia’s fallen son, is attempting the greatest political comeback in Malaysian history. Traitor or saviour with a ‘New Agenda’? Trapped between the Charybdis of his political past and the Scylla of political obscurity, Anwar Ibrahim attempts the seemingly impossible. Face to Face examines the undeniable ‘Anwar Factor’ in this exclusive interview.

1. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: You’ve have been accused of being a traitor by high-ranking Umno officials. That’s a damning accusation that still resonates with some party members. What would you say to them?

Anwar Ibrahim: The credibility of these people and their leadership must first be considered before giving much credence to accusations they level at me or anyone else who breaks from the party line. Their accusations are simply an attempt to deflect from the central issues raised, namely corruption and the abuse of power.

I joined the opposition because it is clear that the system of UMNO-dominated BN politics is failing to serve the interests of the people and the nation. These leaders who oppose me are the ones most averse to change and reform of a system that grows increasingly corrupt and detached from the aspirations of the Malaysian people.

If we are to ascribe treachery to anyone the first in line should be those who are complicit in the theft of our nation’s wealth, the squandering of resources and the mismanagement of our economy that has led to Malaysia’s decline in competitiveness and national income. We have adduced evidence of this corruption but it is being ignored by the mainstream media and covered up by the authorities.

2. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Has six hard years in prison altered your thoughts or outlook towards issues affecting the nation? If so, in what way is your political campaign different this time?

Anwar Ibrahim: The period of my incarceration did nothing other than to strengthen and intensify my resolve to pursue the cause of freedom and justice. Now, this could be a dangerous thing because it could induce one to commit what Alfred North Whitehead called “the fallacy of misplaced concreteness”, in other words, substitute models for reality and artificial constructs for real life. That would be recipe for disaster and one of the reasons why many of the socio-political schemes of the last century eventuated in bloody disaster.

On the contrary, my time in prison and the company of the great books of Eastern and Western literature facilitated a prolonged period of solitary reflection and meditation on the fundamental principles which I believe in and support. After a 30-year quest in which my evolving worldview was subjected to the rough-and-tumble of the political arena, I was presented with the unique opportunity to withdraw into splendid isolation. After re-examining my worldview, its premises and postulates, and modulate it with the experiential wisdom culled from time spent in struggle, I believe I emerged with something of the sense of serenity, which Albert Camus observed as the distinctive property of great works of art.

This calm reconciles you to awaiting what William James called “the receptivities of the moment” upon which effective leadership is dependent. You know more about pacing your purposes to events that predispose the public to support them.

This is all very pertinent to the political campaign of keADILan. Its content, execution, pacing, and calibration have all the wisdom of the mastered tribulation my colleagues and I have endured and will continue to endure in the face of an oppressive system that is stultified in its own inertia. What you are seeing in our campaign is the mature fruit of our travail in quest for a more egalitarian Malaysia that is still a place where the hard working, resourceful, and dedicated citizens can compete and thrive.

In a practical sense, we are focused on public education and outreach. It is a new thing for Malaysians to consider opposition politics not merely as a peripheral phenomenon but rather as a movement that is very much an integral part of the mainstream. We are assuring the people that in light of the failures of the existing system they need not fear the prospects for change and reform. This new landscape is one in which their concerns will be addressed and their rights will be safeguarded, indeed more so than is currently the case.

3. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Let’s talk about your ‘New Agenda’ vis-à-vis the National Economic Policy (NEP). This is a one-way ticket to unpopularity as far as the Malay electorate is concerned. Comment?

Anwar Ibrahim: Before we talk about the Malaysian Economic Agenda let us consider for a moment the current state of the Malaysian economy.

We were once peers with Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea. But now our national income is 1/5th that of Singapore and lags behind Taiwan and South Korea.

Let us then consider the relative income levels in Malaysia. The core motive behind the NEP is that the bumiputera must be given special status to promote a gradual but deliberate levelling of the playing field and reduce income disparities among the nation’s ethnic groups. This is, we are told, critical to ensuring stability and harmony among the races.

But, in the name of the bumiputera, the government is awarding contracts and stock allocations to family members and cronies, a clear perversion of the NEP’s original intent.

A few have been enriched while the general population derives no benefit from this policy. Inequality is in fact quite substantial in Malaysia if you look at income distribution and the widening gap between the rich and the poor, an issue that the NEP does not address. On this, Malaysia ranks the worst in the region. Its Gini coefficient, the standard measure of income inequality, is far worse than neighbouring countries that are much poorer.

If the nation’s wealth is not being equitably distributed then we have to ask whether the NEP is really achieving its objective? Furthermore, is the UMNO-led government, which claims to champion the cause of the Malays, failing to fulfil its promises to the population?

The Malaysian Economic Agenda represents a clear way out of this malaise. It has been incorrectly portrayed, by UMNO in particular, as an anti-NEP platform to incite fear among the Malays who have been led to believe the NEP is the only safety net protecting them from an economic catastrophe. But what the Malays have not been told is that, as a nation, we are lagging far behind our neighbours and that the economic cake in real terms is shrinking. Whatever growth that is occurring is improving the lot of the upper echelons of society where cronyism and nepotism rule. Other gains in personal income are being eaten up by rising prices. The government may faithfully adhere to the rhetoric of distributive polices but its mismanagement of the economy and the nation’s finances are hurting the people.

The Malaysian Economic Agenda is about sustained economic growth with price stability and distributive justice. In my experience, as I meet Malaysians from all walks of life, when given the facts and the unbiased data, they have responded positively to the Agenda.

4. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Critics are of the view that you have failed to clearly outline a workable blueprint to the ‘New Agenda’. Do you agree?

Anwar Ibrahim: We must not put the cart before the horse. There is still much work to be done in inducing a fundamental shift in thinking and our approach to the management of the economy. Once that new paradigm is firmly in place then the formulation of policies will flow naturally.

Consider the NEP itself. Tun Razak did not create the policies and programs that we now know as the NEP. He planted the idea of aggressive state intervention in economic affairs as a means of achieving more equity in the distribution of national wealth. The challenge of his time was to promote interracial harmony and quell the currents of racial discord fuelled by inequality among communal groups.

Our current reality presents new challenges and requires a profound shift in thinking to see the outcomes and effects of the NEP today. After 30 years of implementation our population has tripled and the entire landscape of the global economy has transformed.

Meanwhile, our economy is lagging and crippled by corruption and the abuse of power. Our workforce cannot compete with the higher-skilled labour force found in our to our region and our educational system has not risen to the task of creating generations of hard-working, creative and entrepreneurial minds imbued with strong ethical values.

The data on this are compelling. Malaysia is five times poorer than Singapore in terms of per capita income, and lags well behind Taiwan and South Korea. We have lost out on foreign direct investment (FDI), which used to be the engine of our economy. We cannot survive as a nation unless we adopt the right strategy to change this.

Yet our leaders and economists are not even talking about how to close this gap and bring the nation back to a competitive position vis-à-vis Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. They are stuck in the past with obsolete ideas while publicly they convey a sense of false optimism in their pronouncements and prescriptions.

Therefore, we will proceed with purpose and resolve to change those hearts and minds who are imprisoned by the false sense of security that the NEP created and we will win over those who can grasp the challenge of the moment and envision a more prosperous Malaysia from now and not twenty, fifty, or one hundred years from now.

5. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Furthermore, as you are clearly opposed to the NEP what would you institute in its place?

Anwar Ibrahim: The legacy of state intervention in the economy has inhibited the development of a more competitive and adaptive economy. It has rewarded those who have political connections with lucrative contracts and access to markets while the vast majority struggle hard to earn an honest living.

We must resolve this by promoting free markets and rewarding entrepreneurial activity. The rule of law must be seen as sacred and inviolable so that foreign investors feel that their activities in Malaysia will be protected from illegal state intervention and those vested interests who buy judicial and political influence.

At the same time, social safety nets must remain in place to ensure that those who are marginalised and lack education and proper skills continue to receive the assistance that they need irrespective of ethnicity. We will help them to achieve the confidence they need to be self-sufficient.

In the 37 years since the advent of the NEP we cannot deny that there are people from all of our ethnic groups who are facing serious hardships under the present regime. While the special status of the bumiputera is enshrined in the Constitution there is no reason why we cannot, as a nation, make the necessary adjustments to deal justly and fairly with all groups.

6. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: You have stated your ambitions of running for Parliament in 2008. If at all that’s possible and you win, that’s still a long way from being the Prime Minister. What would you do then?

Anwar Ibrahim: People talk about elections in Malaysia as if they were actually conducted freely and with a modicum of integrity. Every election cycle we adduce evidence of massive fraud, phantom voters, gerrymandered districts and voter intimidation. I have proposed a thorough review of the Election Commission and its procedures and called for the government to allow international observers and advisors skilled in the execution of proper elections to assist. But the government continues to deny access and to fails to admit that there is a problem.

My goal has always been to see that the principles of justice, freedom and equity be reflected in this society. My involvement in politics is guided by my commitment to those principles.

In the coming elections the opposition will solidify its role as a mainstream movement based on these core principles. Once in power we can begin to apply our vision of a nation that governs itself according to the Rule of Law. This is a process and our goals will require more than one or two electoral cycles to be realised. The damage that has been done to Malaysia by corruption, nepotism, the fanning of racial tensions, and restrictions on personal freedoms has taken place over several generations. Resolving these issues will take time.

Today, we need great leaders who can transform people’s thinking and restore our dignity in the eyes of the world. Once in power as Members of Parliament, keADILan’s representatives will clearly and decisively outperform their counterparts on the BN side. There is no doubt about this. When it comes to issues of price levels, quality of education, healthcare, and crime, we will be at the forefront of the wave of change. KeADILan’s voice will be heard because it will be loud and coherent and consistent, and will, for the first time in many years in the Parliament, shed light on the vested interests and the cancer of corruption that has become pervasive and endemic.

7. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Would you be willing to give up the prize to be Prime Minister and play the role of the leader of an emboldened shadow government much like that in the UK?

Anwar Ibrahim: The politics of Malaysia and the UK are different and I do not think the comparison is a valid one. Here, to be a political force, keADILan must have seats in Parliament. Otherwise the prevailing system of cronyism and nepotism and the disproportionate control that the ruling party has over the media and civil society virtually preclude the possibility of change.

Once in power keADILan will have a mandate from the people to pursue a reform agenda. The principles of justice and equity reflected in the Party’s manifesto will resonate with Malaysians once they are given an opportunity to hear our message and a fair chance at the polls to elect their government.

Therefore, the notion of an opposition confined to the peripheries or looming in the shadows is a remnant of Malaysia’s past. We envision nothing short of a total transformation in the way that people perceive their government. We believe that a free and fair election is the instrument that will bring leaders with vision and conviction to power.

8. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: You say that Malaysia is losing its competitiveness. Yet the latest United Nations report point to an increase of 52.8% (2006) of foreign direct investment into the country. Please elaborate....

Anwar Ibrahim: It’s true. According to the UNCTAD data, in 2006 Malaysia’s FDI increased from the previous year. But let’s keep things in their proper perspective.

In terms of FDI and market capitalisation we used to be the leading country in the region. Now, Malaysia, a nation of 27 million people, has attracted about $6 billion in FDI in 2006. Singapore, a nation of only 4 million, attracted about $24 billion in FDI in that same period of time. Indonesia attracted almost $6 billion and our neighbour to the North, Thailand, attracted almost $9 billion. Whatever marginal increase we achieved is offset by outflows and the overall loss is standing and stature.

The overall trend gives us further causes for concern. Whereas Malaysian FDI inflows have been generally flat since the late 1990s, our neighbours in the region are showing more dramatic percent increases.

If we look at the domestic data we find more cause for concern. Singapore, Taiwan, and South Korea, once our peers in terms of economic activity, have long since surpassed us, and in all three cases at alarming rates.

Our labour force is unable to compete with those of our neighbours, yet another reason why foreign corporations have taken their investment dollars to neighbouring countries. In spite of this, our government has done very little to improve the quality of education that our citizens receive in the university system and has not provided additional job-training programs and initiatives that will ultimately attract the outside investors.

Our judiciary is and is seen to be compromised. Few Malaysians believe our system works and members of the international community know that when they do business in Malaysia they must proceed with extreme caution. In fact, many have opted to litigate disputes in Singapore and Hong Kong knowing full well that the deck is stacked against them here. The possibility of facing a biased and corrupt judiciary in a country that already shows little respect for the rule of law is a red flag that will dissuade most international corporations from planting roots here, particularly when there are significantly better options in the region.

So there should be no illusion about the state of our competitiveness in the region, and anyone who claims otherwise is using smoke and mirrors to divert the peoples' attention from reality.

9. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: I put it to you that you have practised restraint in your criticisms of the Honourable Prime Minister of Malaysia despite attacking the establishment at large. What do you have to say to that?

Anwar Ibrahim: The Prime Minister and I are from the same state in Malaysia and our localities were not far from each other’s. Growing up, our parents were friends.

With those family ties reaching back several decades and each of us coming from localities where people are imbued in such a way that feeling counts for more than rational thought. My criticism of the government in general and Prime Minister Badawi in particular are confined to questions of policy and the failure of our current leaders to honour promises and commitments they have made to the people.

Abdullah’s four years in power had a bright beginning, followed by a period of stutter, drift and vacillation. The platform on which he arrived in 2003 has now virtually collapsed in a miscellany of earnestly stated intention papering over botched action and implementation, and riddled with the excesses of corruption, nepotism, and political in-fighting.

The upshot is that Abdullah’s Administration has become one in which there is strong speculation he is not really in charge. He is viewed as weak and indecisive and in some quarters not as clean as he is made out to be. Give it a little more time and even those Malays in our localities who would frown upon my criticism against him will now say that his grace period is over and it’s open season.

10. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Do you have a message for the Honourable Prime Minister at this stage of impending elections?

Anwar Ibrahim: This month marks the beginning of Mr. Badawi’s fourth year as Prime Minister. When he entered office he made promises to the people and thus far it can be reasonably argued that none of those promises have been kept. His party is beginning to plant the seeds of another great ruse on the Malaysian people. The Vision 2020 heralded by the previous Prime Minister is being extended to Vision 2057. Our people must wait another generation.

Meanwhile, corruption is on the rise. The economy is still weak and real income is declining as prices rise and are expected to increase in 2008. Our judiciary has lost the confidence of the people.

So my question to him is where are we headed? Why have the promises not been fulfilled? Under what mandate is your government still leading this nation?

11. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: Let’s move away from local politics and look at the problem in Myanmar. Do you agree with Malaysia’s foreign policy on the issue?

Anwar Ibrahim: Malaysia’s policy towards Myanmar is supine. We have to recognise that the military junta is not going to cede ground to the pro-democracy movement led by Nobel Laureate Aung San Su Kyi. We have to lead ASEAN to pressure the junta, diplomatically, and if that doesn’t work, economically. We cannot confine ourselves to rhetorical appeals to the junta to negotiate with Su Kyi.

The United Nations special envoy Ibrahim Gambari has called on ASEAN to apply more pressure on the regime. We have yet to make common cause with Gambari since ASEAN’s constructive engagement policy is a dismal failure. The junta has been given enough time to shift the country towards civilian rule. Their corruption and incompetence have brought a resource-rich country to ruin. This is their worst crime.

The argument that if the junta yields to civilian rule soon it would lead to chaos as in Iraq is an excuse to prolong the military’s control. There is no doubt that continued military rule means continued impoverishment of Myanmar. There must be a transitional government composed of military and pro-democracy representatives for some years before a constitution can be agreed upon and free and fair elections can be held.

12. Imran Imtiaz Shah Yacob: The west hails you as a moderate Muslim that could link Muslims to the west on a common platform of ideas or beliefs. How do you see Muslims fairing in 2008 and beyond?

Anwar Ibrahim: One must not generalise on such a broad issue. Just as one cannot say the west is largely Christian when in large part it is actually post-Christian there are a variety of expressions of religiosity and positions throughout the Muslim world. These nuances make for marked differences in the stance and approach of each. To tar each other with a monolithic brush runs the risk of closing the door to dialogue and purposeful engagement.

The chaos that has engulfed Iraq, and the ongoing failure to reach a just resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict, will continue to create instability in the region. Because of the United States’ conspicuous role in these conflicts it will continue to lose ground in winning allies among the Muslim peoples. The belligerent stance being taken by the Bush Administration against Iran is eerily reminiscent of the type of rhetoric that preceded the invasion of Iraq and we would expect any such pre-emptive strike on Iran to have disastrous consequences on the region and the world.

The East-West dichotomy, however, is not the only lens through which we should understand the condition of the Muslim world. The myopia with which the West tends to view Muslims, particularly after the 9/11 attacks, does a great disservice to the historic changes that are taking place in Asia, home to the majority of Muslims.

The largest Muslim nation in the world is Indonesia. 250 million citizens living in a democratic, stable and peaceful society. Turkey provides another example of substantial import. The consolidation of democratic forces in Turkey as demonstrated by the summer 2007 elections represents a seminal victory of the forces of freedom and democracy which serves as an example for the entire Muslim world.

I believe that in this grand scheme the proponents of dialogue on each side can seek each other out to air common perspectives on the problems facing humankind and I for one have dedicated much of my time in the past two years to ensuring that these conversations do take place.

I see Muslims fairing well in 2008 and beyond so long as they move their countries towards democratic forms of governance and resist the resort to militancy when dialogue and engagement, democracy and debate, are the superior means to solution of their problems. I would urge Muslims to remember that the brightest periods of Muslim history were ones when their libraries were filled to overflowing with the books and thought that have helped speed the progress of mankind. Those were periods of symbiosis rather than seclusion, curiosity rather than petrifaction, and belief in the value of intellectual and moral enlightenment rather than in solipsism and soliloquy. We have to reach out in quest of our common humanity. Failure to do so is the sure road to perdition.

Thank you Anwar Ibrahim for taking the time to talk to Face to Face.
Ewan_sn
Liputan media Indonesia atas Perhimpunan Bersih mantap dan padat
Anwar Ibrahim

Foto dari Ceramah Perdana Taman Melewar selepas Bersih

Selesai upacara perasmian persidangan International Association of Political Consultants di Bali oleh Presiden Indonesia, saya menyampaikan ucap utama mengenai Islam dan demokrasi. Saya sempat menemui presiden dan sesudah itu berbincang dengan menteri-menteri Aburizal Bakrie, Fahmi Idris, Gabenor Fadil Muhammad dan Gabenor Jakarta.

Liputan media Indonesia mengenai perhimpunan Bersih hebat sekali. Semalam Kompas menyiarkan foto di halaman depan dan hari ini bebebrapa akhbar termasuk Kompas dan Jakarta Pos mengulas dalam rencana pengarang.

Saya kini dalam perjalanan ke Jeddah menyemurnakan umrah dan menyampaikan pidato disidang dunia mengenai perkhidmatan pos dan teknologi maklumat.

Ewan_sn
Himpunan HINDRAF
Anwar Ibrahim

Saya menyokong hak HINDRAF untuk berhimpun secara aman dan ingin mengulangi rayuan saya kepada Polis DiRaja Malaysia untuk memberikan permit agar perhimpunan mereka dapat berlangsung pada 25 November 2007. Hak untuk berhimpun secara aman telah termaktub di dalam Perlembagaan Malaysia dan Perhimpunan Aman Bersih telah membuktikan bahawa rakyat Malaysia dapat bertindak secara bertanggungjawab sesuai dengan amalan masyarakat madani.

Tetapi saya saya menyeru kepada HINDRAF agar mereka mengambil pendekatan yang lebih sederhana dan bertanggungjawab di dalam menyuarakan ketidakpuashatian mereka, khususnya di dalam soal Perlembagaan, khususnya Perkara 153. HINDRAF sepatutnya menumpukan perhatian mereka kepada kerajaan BN yang bertanggungjawab di atas salahguna kuasa yang telah menindas kaum India yang miskin, dan juga pada masa yang sama gagal menyelesaikan masalah semua rakyat Malaysia tanpa mengira kaum, warna kulit ataupun agama.

Gerakan HINDRAF menggambarkan masalah asas yang terus menular di negara kita dan membakar api perkauman yang hanya mengeruhkan lagi ketegangan kaum dan permusuhan sesame rakyat Malaysia..

Rakyat Malaysia terus komited untuk melaksanakan pembaharuan di negara ini mesti sedar bahawa pembangkang yang berwibawa adalah penting untuk Malaysia dan masanya telah tiba untuk menyokong pembangkang. Parti-parti yang menyokong Reformasi mesti bekerjasama secara efektif, dan menekankan isu-isu bersama, terus bekerjsama dan mengelakkan menyalahkan kaum lain untuk masalah mereka.

Apabila kita berpecah, suara kita lemah. Tetapi bersatu, kita boleh hidup secara rukun dan aman damai di negara yang boleh kita banggakan bersama.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Suara sinis yang sering membangkitkan prestasi saya dalam kerajaan perlu merujuk kepada persoalan pokok:

a. Apakah pernah dikemukakan satu bukti samada saham, tanah kerajaan, kontrak, balak yang digondol oleh saya atau keluarga? TUnjukkan bukti saya mengumpul harta!
b. Adakah sesiapa yang dikenakan tahanan ISA, media dibelasah sepanjang saya memangku jawatan Menteri Dalam Negeri?
c. Mengapakah beberapa bulan selepas saya dipecat, tol terus menerus dinaikkan kadarnya?

Sila baca Asian Renaissance (1996) berdasarkan ucapan dan rencana yang ditulis beberapa tahun sabelumnya mengenai kebebasan, rasuah dan negara hukum.

ANWAR IBRAHIM

Ewan_sn
Propaganda Perkauman Umno, Saya Sedia Berdepan!
By Anwar Ibrahim

Sebaik tercabar dan kedudukan tergugat perasuah akan membangkitkan isu agama dan kaum. Maka media Umno-BN, kursus BTN akan bergelut bagaikan panglima melayu dan mujahid. Demikian kepura-puraan hambar dan meloyakan!

Sila rujuk kenyataan saya seminggu sabelum perhimpunan Hindraf. Kita menyokong hak rakyat berkumpul secara aman, kita simpati dengan penderitaan rakyat miskin dan terpinggir termasuk India, kita mempertahankan prinsip kebebasan beragama. Dan kita juga meminta supaya perkara 153 (hak istimewa melayu bumiputra) dan kedudukan Islam tidak dipertikai.

Kehadiran saya di Mahkamah Klang berlandaskan prinsip tersebut. Saya bersedia berdepan dengan fitnah dan putarbelit Umno dlm isu tersebut.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Ucaptama Anwar di Mumbai
Anwar Ibrahim

PETALING JAYA, Malaysia — Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim, the former Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, will deliver a keynote address entitled “Challenges and Opportunities for Peace” at the International Conference on Peace in Mumbai, India on December 1, 2007, where over 20,000 participants are expected to hear from speakers from over 10 countries.

The conference will consider the topic of peace from exoteric and esoteric perspectives. Individual peace and spiritual calmness will be discussed as well as global peace and harmony in the context of the relationship between Islam and the West.

The conference will also promote greater awareness of Islam and a peaceful way of life and address issues of Islamophobia that are now prevalent in many ci rcles.

Dato Seri Anwar’s delegation to India includes Omar Jaafar, Former registrar of the International Islamic University of Malaysia and KeADILan party leader and Zamri Yusuf, head of KeADILan in the Malaysian state of Kedah.

Thailand, Indonesia, Filipina malah Vietnam meminjam wang IMF. Di rantau ini cuma negara kita sahaja yang berkeras.

Bagi setiap pinjaman yang IMF keluarkan, di antara syarat yang mereka kenakan ialah memantau setiap perbelanjaan negara peminjam. Tujuannya, ialah untuk memastikan kemampuan negara berkenaan membayar balik pinjaman. Mereka juga berkuasa untuk memungut bayaran balik pinjaman.

Dalam kes Malaysia, bekas PM berkeras sebab di waktu itu kerajaan begitu ghairah dengan projek meganya dan menyalurkan dana negara atas nama menyelamatkan suku-sakat dan piat-pakat. Dr Mahathir sedang galak ‘bail-out’ Bank Bumiputra, Konsortium Perkapalan serta penggunaan wang Petronas tanpa audit. Malah PETRONAS sibuk membelanjakan RM5bilion setiap tahun dalam pembangunan Putrajaya untuk 10 tahun pertama (Nota: Semua kontraknya diberikan kepada kroni).

Kemudian, Dr M tidak mahu sesiapa pun tahu bagaimana beliau, melalui anaknya Mirzan terlibat dengan ‘penyangak matawang’ Soros.

Selepas 5 tahun, pemulihan ekonomi negara-negara peminjam amat ketara. Bukan setakat pelabur baru yang mencurah masuk, malah pelabur dari Malaysia pun lari ke sana. (Nota: sedarkah saudara bagaimana Maggi dan susu Teapot yang saudara makan di kedai mamak itu datangnya dari Thailand).

Saudara lihat sendiri keadaan ekonomi negara kita sekarang yang amat tenat. Pengangguran teramat tinggi dan ramai pekerja dibuang selepas pelabur lari. Malahan pelabur tidak yakin dengan sikap kerajaan yang melanggar perjanjian royalti petroleum ketika PAS memerintah Terengganu.

Malaysia hanya bernasib baik kerana hasil minyaknya. Bukan setakat keuntungan PETRONAS, malah kerajaan mengutip 5 jenis cukai lagi (kira-kira 40%) daripada hasilnya. (Nota: Hasil jualan minyak PETRONAS sehingga Mac tahun lalu ialah RM139bilion. Setelah ditolak cukai kerajaan, untung bersihnya RM87bilion).

Daripada keuntungan inilah yang DSAI berhasrat mahu turunkan harga minyak, memberi pendidikan serta kesihatan percuma kepada rakyat. Biasiswa dipulihkan kembali, dan PAS merancang sebuah negara berkebajikan.

Kalau tidak disebabkan hasil minyak, dengan rasuah dan pemborosan kerajaan yang ada sudah lama kita jadi seperti Chad, Angola ataupun Somalia. Mafia berleluasa seperti di Equador atau Colombia. Lihatlah bagaimana sistem kehakiman kita dijual-beli. Kepala gangster yang ditahan (dibaca diselamatkan!) di Kem Tahanan Darurat Simpang Rengam yang apabila dibebaskan, ditahan polis atas alasan membahayakan keselamatan negara, kata Musa Hasan. Kemudian esoknya beliau dilepaskan secara senyap. Sekarang beliau sedang bersenang-senang di Hong Kong!.

Ewan_sn
Bukti Penyelewengan Pilihan Raya Tidak Boleh Diabaikan
Anwar Ibrahim

Penafian berterusan wujudnya penyelewengan pilihan raya oleh kepimpinan Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya akan menjejaskan lagi imej Malaysia yang telahpun tercemar selama ini..

Laporan Sham Democracy mencatatkan bagaimana persempadanan semula daerah mengundi, pengundi hantu, politik wang, akses media yang terhad dan faktor-faktor lain telah menimbulkan suasana pilihan raya yang tidak adil di Malaysia yang jelas mengekang pembangkang.

Bukti-bukti spesifik termasuklah:

* Pada tahun 1999, SPR mendakwa mereka tidak “mempunyai masa yang mencukupi” untuk meluluskan pendaftaran pengundi yang mendaftar pada Mei untuk pilihan raya pada November; kelulusan biasanya mengambil masa tiga bulan. Ini jelas sekali suatu usaha yang terancang untuk menafikan seramai 680,000 orang yang mendaftar pengundi baru ketika gelombang Reformasi.

* Pada tahun 2004, daerah mengundi yang tidak wujud ditemui. Di Gombak, wujud 2 daerah mengundi dengan nama yang sama (Kemensah 098/18/04) tetapi memberikan dua keputusan yang berbeza.

* Pada tahun 2004, rekod mencatatkan Ali bin Omar (No. K/P 280903-02-5057), bapa seorang pemimpin utama KeADILan hadir ke pusat membuang undi meskipun sudah meninggal dunia. Bukan sahaja itu, malah didapati beliau mengundi calon Barisan Nasional.

* Pada pilihan raya 2004, 37.6% daripada pengundi di kawasan Parlimen Lembah Pantai didapati mempunyai alamat yang tidak boleh dikesan. Menurut daftar pemilih sebuah kedai runcit beratap zink di Kampung Kerinchi memuatkan seramai 141 pengundi.

* Pada pilihan raya kecil Ijok pada tahun 2007, sebanyak 142 kertas undi tidak dipulangkan dari Peti Undi 4 daerah mengundi di Pekan Berjuntai Besari Utara. Ini timbul kerana amalan mengambil kertas mengundi kosong dan menjualnya kepada ejen yang akan menandakan kertas undi tersebut dan memberinya kepada pengundi lain yang akan membuang undi, dan membawa keluar kertas undi kosong dan mengulangi proses tersebut.

* Pada Oktober 2007, di kawasan Parlimen Ipoh Timur yang merupakan kubu pembangkang, didapati wujud 8,463 pengundi baru di dalam masa hanya tiga bulan. Sebelum ini Ipoh Timur mempunyai 48,000 pengundi berdaftar dan pembangkang menanginya dengan majoriti 9,774 undi.

100,000 rakyat Malaysia baru sahaja berkumpul di dalam Perhimpunan Agung Bersih pada 10 November untuk menuntut pilihan raya adil dan bersih. Justeru, reaksi kerajaan menunjukkan keangkuhan mereka yang ingin meneruskan penyelewengan yang sedia ada.

Kami menuntut penilaian penuh dasar dan prosedur SPR agar mereka menepati tahap ketelusan antarabangsa sebelum berlangsungnya Pilihan Raya Umum yang berikutnya.

KeADILan akan terus bekerjasama dengan masyarakat madani dan parti-parti pembangkang untuk memastikan hak setiap insan untuk hidup dibawah kerajaan yang dipilihnya akan terus dipertahankan di negara kita.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Don’t All Muslims Carry Guns?
By Tom Plate, Pacific Perspective

BALI, Indonesia – In the worldwide marketplace of ideas, everything has a measure of value, even a bad idea.

A bad idea can sometimes even illuminate the darkest landscape of truth with brilliant flair – and in a way that mere fact cannot. Consider, for example, the idea that Islam is incompatible with democracy. It’s a really bad idea – but it can serve a very good purpose.

For starters, the proposition of Islamic incompatibility with democracy can motivate the most moderate and courteous Muslim to abandon his cool demeanor and mount a defense of his religion and culture with winning passion and charming conviction.

That’s exactly what happened here when the incomparable and charismatic Anwar Ibrahim took the floor at “The Asian Century Begins,” a three-day conference organized by the International Association of Political Consultants.

Anwar — a devout and learned Muslim – served as Malaysia’s deputy prime minister from 1993-98, and then served a few years in the slammer as a Malaysian political prisoner. Pardoned after a change in national administration, this reformer, who now bodes to re-enter elective politics in his country, is virtually evangelical about the need for – and achievability of — harmonious East-West relations.

And his country, just like Indonesia, while largely Muslim, sports a government structure that is entirely secular. What was so striking and fascinating about this conference is the number of attending Muslim VIPs who were so adamant about and proud of their secular governments. “The Islam-incompatibility question could very well be whether Christianity and democracy are really compatible,” almost thundered Anwar, a thoughtful type who rarely thunders. “Or why not ask whether Judaism and democracy are compatible! Why do we only look for Islamicists as scapegoats?”

The way Anwar and many other Muslims see things, people who assume that Islam inevitably degrades into extremism are bigots and/or ignoramuses. They point to Turkey and to Indonesia as prime examples of monster Muslim societies that are seriously secular polities. They point out that Islamicists in Southeast Asia have never had a quarrel with secularism. “And there is absolutely no serious debate in Indonesia over secular democracy,” insists Anwar.

The Malaysian political superstar then surprised everyone by pointing to an otherwise discredited source as major inspiration for Indonesia’s contemporary insistence on non-religious government. “Give Suharto credit for making Muslims accept the need for a secular state. Even the young leaders of Indonesia believe in the value of the secular state.”

Former President Suharto, now in increasingly failing health and entirely out of power, ruled sprawling Indonesia, once a Dutch duchy, for 30-plus years, until 1998, with both an iron will and an apparently bottomless lust for wealth. The well-known Transparency International once rated him number-one among all the world’s dictators for corruption.

But among businessmen, Suharto is regarded as the father of economic modernization, bringing new wealth to this former tropic of economic disaster. And among the country’s countless moderate Muslims, Suharto is appreciated for keeping the country’s crazies under wraps while letting sensible entrepreneurs do their thing and develop the economy. “Suharto gave his country 30-plus years of non-debate about the importance of secularism,” explains Anwar.

But what about those Muslims – however small a minority, whether in Indonesia or elsewhere – who preach the poison of exclusion, turn themselves into human bombs, or fly civilian aircraft into very tall and prominent buildings?

“Some Muslims need to listen better,” he says. “The true road for political Islam goes through [a place like] Jakarta. The threat to democracy is not from Islam .but we must avoid narrow interpretations of Sharia [Islamic law].”

Anwar also prays that secularism advocates won’t make the mistake of packaging the religiously-neutral governance philosophy as an anti-religious movement: “A secular state can be religion-friendly and acceptable to Muslim populations. Building a pious society is necessary – even as the state remains religiously neutral.”

Today Indonesia – the most populous Muslim state and in fact the fourth most populous country in the world – looks, more and more, to be a pivotal, unfolding story that may well serve to illuminate the entire direction of this century. For if Anwar and his merry band of moderate Muslims are right, then the relationship between East and West could prove less a collision
course than a trans-civilizational march of progress.

Alas, not enough Westerners appear to comprehend that the Islamic world is not Bin Laden’s for the taking, unless the majority moderates lose their grip and people like Anwar are kept from power – or unless the West so continually and stubbornly paints Islam in fiery stereotypes that the propaganda paint job turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy and we wind up convincing them that they all need to pack a gun.

Prof. Tom Plate, a member of the Burkle Center on International Relations, is a syndicated columnist whose journalism appears in world newspapers from Tokyo to Seattle. He recently visited Bali as a participant and observer in the 40th World Annual Conference of the International Association of Political Consultants. © Tom Plate, 2007.
Ewan_sn
Lawatan Kerja ke Sabah (Hari Pertama)30/11/07

AHAD 02/12/07

1. Dialogue with Chinese Businessman and Receiving membership forms
Masa: 1.30 pm
Tempat: Hyatt Kinabalu

2. Ceramah Perdana anjuran Bahagian Kota Belud
Masa: 3.30 pm
Tempat: Dewan Sekolah Chung Hwa, Kota Belud

3. Ceramah Perdana dan Perjumpaan Rakyat
Masa: 05.15 pm
Tempat: Dewan St Joseph, Kiulu

4. Solat Magrib, Tamparuli

5. Ceramah dan Perjumpaan Rakyat di Tamparuli
Masa: 07.00pm
Tempat: Pekan Tamparuli

6. Ceramah Perdana di Tuaran
Masa: 07.40pm
Tempat: Pejabat Parti Keadilan Bahagian Tuaran

7. Ceramah Perdana di Kota Kinabalu
Masa: 09.10pm
Tempat: Ceramah di Dewan Foo Chow, Bukit Padang, Kota Kinabalu

Lawatan Kerja ke Sabah (Hari Kedua)30/11/07 2 comments

ISNIN 03/12/07

8. Ceramah Perdana di Ranau
Masa: 09.00am
Tempat: Pekan Ranau

9. Ceramah Perdana anjuran Angkatan Muda Negeri
Masa: 04.00pm
Tempat: Papar

10. Majlis Makan Malam anjuran Angkatan Muda & Sri Kandi Negeri
Masa: 7.00pm
Tempat: Ballroom Magellan Sutera Hotel

11. Keynote address under Sasakawa Programme
Ewan_sn
Pendedahan Ke-2 Pita Video Linggam
Wan Nordin Wan Yaacob
Fri | Dec 14, 07 | 2:05:12 pm MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 14 Dis (Hrkh) - Penasihat Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KeADILan), Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim Anwar Ibrahim hari ini melahirkan kesangsian dengan penglibatan Tan Sri Haidar mohamed Nor dan Tan Sri Steve Shim dalam Suruhanjaya DiRaja siasatan 'Pita Lingam'.

Penglibatan Haidar dan Steve Shim sebagai anggota suruhanjaya juga menimbulkan beberapa persoalan, katanya.

Anwar berkata demikian semasa mengadakan sidang media dan pendedahan baki pita video yang menunjukkan perbualan seorang peguam yang didakwa sebagai VK Lingam dengan seorang bekas hakim yang didakwa sebagai Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim.

Antara yang hadir ialah, Timbalan Presiden KeADILan, Dr Syed Husin Ali; Peguam yang juga Bendahari KeADILan, William Leong dan Pegawai Khas Anwar, Din Marican.

Haidar terbabit dalam kes Anwar

"Suruhanjaya DiRaja telah dipertanggungjawabkan untuk menyiasat semua perkara berkaitan dengan nama-nama yang disebut di dalam video ini, termasuk saya, yang dirujuk sebagai 'Kes Anwar' di dalam video tersebut," kata Anwar.

Walaubagaimanapun, kata Anwar beliau perlu menarik perhatian di sini bahawa Haidar dan Steve Shim adalah antara hakim yang mendengar kes beliau di Mahkamah Persekutuan.

Dalam perkara ini, KeADILan berharap mereka bertindak waras bagi mengenepikan sebarang tanggapan negatif yang mungkin bersangkit di dalam penyiasatan Suruhanjaya DiRaja, kata Anwar.

Namun demikian, kami masih komited untuk memberikan kerjasama penuh dengan Suruhanjaya DiRaja dengan harapan bahawa anggotanya mempunyai keberanian melaksanakan amanah mereka dengan jujur dan ikhlas, katanya.

Siasat rasuah kehakiman

Anwar berkata, setelah beliau mendedahkan klip video VK Lingam kepada orang ramai kira-kira tiga bulan yang lalu, kerajaan kini telah mengumumkan keanggotaan dan terma rujukan Suruhanjaya DiRaja untuk menyiasat rasuah kehakiman.

Pada mulanya kata beliau kerajaan tidak mengendahkan isu ini tetapi kemudiannya hanya bersetuju membentuk panel tanpa bidang kuasa jelas.

Justeru itu, keputusan menubuhkan Suruhanjaya DiRaja dianggap sebagai langkah positif untuk mengembalikan integriti kehakiman Negara, katanya.

"Kami mengucapkan tahniah kepada ribuan rakyat Malaysia yang telah menuntut reformasi kehakiman.

"Malangnya, terma rujukan Suruhanjaya DiRaja ini tidak memenuhi bidang kuasa yang sewajarnya untuk memulakan siasatan menyeluruh terhadap krisis yang dihadapi institusi kehakiman, sebagaimana yang dituntut Majlis Peguam, badan-badan bukan kerajaan dan lain-lain pertubuhan masyarakat," katanya.

Dedah pita kedua

Kewujudan video ini merupakan bukti bahawa krisis ini cukup mendalam dan telah melibatkan peringkat tertinggi institusi kehakiman, kata Anwar.

KeADILan kesal bahawa suruhanjaya ini tidak diberikan bidang kuasa yang secukupnya untuk menyelesaikan masalah yang telah ditimbulkan oleh video ini, katanya.

"Rasuah, muslihat perlantikan hakim dan ketidakadilan yang dilaksanakan di dalam penghakiman adalah masalah serius yang perlu ditangani.

"Untuk memenuhi janji saya sebelum ini, saya dengan ini memberikan klip penuh video tersebut selama 14 minit dan akan memberikan kerjasama penuh kepada Suruhanjaya DiRaja," kata Anwar.

Anwar telah mendedahkan baki klip video tersebut yang menunjukkan babak perbualan antara VK Lingam dengan seorang yang dipercayai ahli perniagaan.

"Kita mempunyai bukti mengenai pelakuan keseluruhan mereka yang disebut dalam pita tersebut–peranan VK Lingam, Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Dato' Tengku Adnan, wang yang diberikan kepada bekas Peguam Negara, Tan Sri Mokhtar Abdullah dan bekas Ketua Hakim Negara, Tun Eusoff Chin," kata Anwar semasa menjawab soalan wartawan.

"Selain daripada apa yang dikatakan oleh adik Lingam (VK Thirunama Karasu), kita mempunyai bukti lain untuk menyokongnnya," katanya.

Perbualan tersebut boleh ditonton melalui laman web rasmi KeADILan, www.keadilanrakyat.org.

Anwar juga berkata bahawa pihak yang menyerahkan pita itu kepadanya akan turut tampil memberi kerjasama kepada suruhanjaya.

Begitupun Anwar enggan mendedahkan nama-nama individu yang menyerahkan pita video asal itu kepadanya dan hanya berkata akan tiba masanya 'whistleblower' itu mendedahkan identitinya apabila suruhanjaya memulakan siasatan.

Berikut adalah transkrip perbualan antara Lingam dengan seorang yang didakwa sebagai ahli perniagaaan yang didedah Anwar dalam baki video yang didedah hari ini.

Off Camera Voice]: Who is that Dato?

Lingam: Chief Justice Malaya.

[Off Camera Voice]: Who is that?

Lingam: Dato Ahmad Fairuz

[Off camera voice]: Oh Ahmad Fairuz.

Lingam: I put him up there. Don't tell this, please. I cannot tell this to Manjit. And he is acting President Court of Appeals Number 2 post. He is next Chief Justice. He always says "I leave it to you."

[Off Camera Voice]: I thought you were very close to Tun Eusoff Chin, Datuk?

Lingam: He is Eusoff Chin's man, Eusoff Chin retired. But Dzaiddin hates Eusoff Chin, you understand? Ah..

[Off Camera Voice]: Because you know I...I...I..as far as I know you are very…

Lingam: Eusoff Chin and I are extremely close. Because you know...Yeah. Eusoff Chin in power, I can straight and get in Pom! Pom! Pom! Pom! But now Dzaiddin is there. So Dzaiddin is attacking our cases. That means what? James Kumar is aligned to Dzaiddin. But Dzaiddin is retiring in 15th of September. He is finished.

[Off camera voice]: Next year?

Lingam: So Dzaiddin really wants to go...Don't worry. Dzaiddin recommended Malik Ahmad to be Chief Judge of Malaya. But we went and "cut" "cut" cut" cut" I and Tengku Adnan and Vincent told PM. I stop him for now, because he is anti-PM. We put Fairuz in. And we put...I told you three months ago he became CJM [Chief Justice Malaya]. He said "Don't believe." Then he got it. He rang up to thank me. And all that. He now acting PCA because Wan Adnan is sick. Right? This. Apart from law knowledge you need kow tow. Please understand that. You need to know the emperor. Knowing the law doesn't give you

The winning formula, you must also kow tow to the emperor. Correct or not? So now I am working very hard. So he agreed to meet Vincent Tan and PM and…what you call Tengku Adnan.

Off camera voice]: Do you think Vincent has an interest over PM?

Lingam: You don't know about the history. Businesswise may not be successful. Robert Kuok is very brilliant. Lim Goh Tong is very rich. Vincent Tan, you know what PM say? He went to Averton he went to Langkawi. He said bincang. I want you to build a hotel here. His wife pulled him away. [Inaudible] He said Dato Seri I will think about it. The wife pulled him away. There is another [inaudible] cannot get a bank loan. Vincent there. Vincent, can you build a hotel? Ready for next Air show?

I want you do it in 6 months. `Datuk Seri, Don't worry, I will get it done.' He paid double the price to get all of them. A big loss lah. Then Solomon Island and Fiji and all, he said, Vincent go and invest there, he went and bought...[inaudible] the government factory [inaudible] you do this project a bit and cover up your loss. PM will do what he want to do to cover your backside.

[Off camera voice]: Vincent is very close to him.

Lingam: That's right. Don't ask… because Vincent has taken me to PM's residence… the house ... [inaudible]... Anwar's case… the lawyers…Wee Cheong ... [inaudible]. But I cannot go and talk to PM just like that and say promote this and that…

Because ah, he knows… I am a… but when PM calls me on Anwar's case, I can tell him… he'll listen…But if I go promote so and so, that means I got interest. So, I don't do that. I use Vincent and Tengku, go and do that. I don't f*** them up. They go

and do that. But I tell you this lah. Don't tell in front of people, of course. Life, one thing go confidential wrong is dangerous. Ah. Never, never say…You should… never. Even though to PM. You should never say. I don't know. I always say "I don't know." That's all.

[Off camera voice]: Everybody... I think many people know. Even the son case, everything I talk the father, …. Talk until he agreed.

Lingam: You know me [inaudible]. But I never talk about it. Even the son's case, I do everything. I talk to the father...Talk until he agreed. But if it is a big crisis that affects him, ….I can talk, he will listen. But if I want to favour somebody, that I cannot guarantee. Because my interest is not his interest. You know what I mean. Tomorrow invest your interest involving your father, I can come say this this this, you will listen. But tomorrow I appeal for me, you are not obliged to listen. Because you are a politician, PM. Politician is what is your interest, not what is my interest. But if I am giving advise on your interest, you will listen. On my interest, you will not. You must be careful about this.

[Off camera voice]: Datuk, I need to ask you this question.

Lingam: Ask me. Ask me.

[Off camera voice]: For a while now…

Lingam: Because we can talk behind these people.

[Off camera voice]... Actually, I think, you know, Daim has more equity interest in Berjaya than Vincent Tan, isn't that true?

Lingam: Let me tell you something ... [inaudible] was bought by Daim ... [inaudible]. Later on he did some deals where Daim supposed to help him. One or two he helped. Supposed to give him some money. Didn't give. Part was paid, part not paid. Later on Daim called up and he got paid.
Ewan_sn
Sila KLIK Pendedahan Video Ke-2 Pita Linggam

Transkip Penuh:

(Parts are slightly inaudible. This transcript may not be entirely accurate.)

Lingam: The CJ (Chief Justice - judiciary’s No 1 post) said his relative is now the Agong, so he wants to stay on to 68, so, Tengku Adnan said - I told Tengku Adnan, yesterday I had a meeting with him - he said PM is already very angry with him … and … he said no problem, he is going to make you acting err… confirm your position as PCA (President of Court of Appeal – judiciary’s No 2), working very hard, and then get Tan Sri Mokhtar as CJM (Chief Judge of Malaya – judiciary’s No 3).

Ah, so we just keep it confidential. I am working very hard on it. Then there is a letter, according to Tengku - I am going to see him tomorrow - there is a letter sent to … ah … CJ - I mean Tan Sri Dzaiddin - that Datuk Heliliah, …er Datuk Ramli and Datuk Maarop be made judges, and he rejected that Dr Andrew Chew and apa itu Zainudin Ismail lah because Zainuddin Ismail who condemned your appointment and Tan Sri Mohtar’s appointment.

And then you also, it seems, wrote a letter for the remaining … confirmed as judges. As per our memo, I discussed with Tun Eusoff Chin and we sent the same memo to PM. I just want to get a copy letter that this has been done.

And then Tan Sri Dzaiddin said he is going to recommend six people for the Court of Appeal, but until today the letter hasn’t come to PM. He never discussed, but neither he has sent the letter to PM. He has not sent. So, I know it is under the constitution, for judges all, that is your job, Datuk, to send, but we don’t want to make it an issue now.

Ah, okay. Actually I told Tengku Adnan to inform PM, PM to call you for a meeting. But I will organise this so that Tengku Adnan will call you directly. And then I got your number, I will tell him to call you directly to for you to meet PM lah. Ah… So should be okay, then ar… correct, correct, it is very important that the key players must be there.

Correct, correct, correct. Correct, correct. You know that the same problem that Tun Eusoff Chin had. He tried to do all this and yet he has run out of soldiers. He couldn’t do it because many were from the other camp. Last time was unfortunate because Tun Daim was doing everything sabotaging, you know lah…

Otherwise how are things with you - everything is okay? No, don’t worry. You know sometimes Tan Sri Vincent said that half the time we are talking about judiciary rather than doing the work. But if I don’t do this part, my work will be useless. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ah, yes. Correct, correct, correct, correct, correct. Right, right, right. Correct. Ah. Ah. Right! Susah. You see he has now asked for six Court of Appeal judges, so that he can put his men before he retires.

Correct, correct, correct, ah, and then, ah, ah, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct.

Ah, never mind, I will do this, I will get er… Tengku Adnan to arrange for PM to call you and Tan Sri Vincent Tan for PM to call. You know why, actually, I am very grateful to Tan Sri Vincent Tan, You know why? I brainwashed him so much I even quarreled with him.

One day I went to Vincent Tan’s house, I fired him at night in his house. I said bloody hell, if you don’t do this who will do it? All these people, Tun Eusoff Chin, Datuk Ahmad Fairuz, Tan Sri Zainal all fought for …that. Then he called Tengku Adnan. Tengku Adnan he said, saya bukan Perdana Menteri Malaysia lah, you know. If the old man doesn’t want to listen to me, go to hell.

He quarreled with me. I said never mind, never mind, Tan Sri, you talk to PM again tomorrow morning to put Datuk Ahmad Fairuz to CJM. So next day morning he went and he called me back 9.30 that he said PM has already agreed. So I said never mind, we hope for the best. So I said no harm trying, the worst that it can happen is you lose.

Being the old man, he is 76 years old, he gets whispers everywhere, and then you don’t whisper, he get taken away by the other side. But, now the PM is very alert because every time he gets letters from Tan Sri Dzaiddin, he calls Tengku Adnan, he says discuss with Vincent, come and discuss. And…

Yes, yes, ya. Correct, correct. Ya, but you see although I know PM, but my views … I am a lawyer in practice… my views are… I go through them, I go through them lah.

Ah. Ah. Ah. Ah.

And then Dzaiddin will go and tell them you went and saw PM and make a big issue out of it. Oh ya, I think so, I think so.

Okay, fine, fine, fine, fine. Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay. Right, okay, okay. Ah. Ah. Correct, correct.

Now I heard Raja Aziz, Raja Aziz ah, two weeks ago spoke to my lawyer Thayalan, and another lawyer Anad, in the High Court - they have a case with each other. So, Thayalan and Anad asked Raja Aziz, how is Tan Sri Wan Adnan?

He said he is on his way down. But you know what is the shocking thing he said? Datuk Fairuz became CJM. He overruled everybody, in three months time, he is going to be PCA, and six months time, he is going to be CJ. He said I can’t take this shock. He told lah. Ha!

It seems ah that they are going to organise a campaign … they are going to organise a campaign to run you down. But you just keep quiet - don’t say anything. Don’t … even the press ask, you said I leave it to God, that’s all. Don’t say. I really like your message. You said I work very hard, what can I do? I leave it to God. That’s the best answer, Datuk, that you can ever give. Ah.

Yes… I will also get Tan Sri to remind PM to put a Tan Sri ship this year lah. You know, this will elevate you, you know.

Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes. Ah. Steve Shim got so fast, Tan Sri Chong waited for a whole year to get Tan Sriship.

Ah. My God, that’s why, ah. Correct, correct, correct, correct, ya, ya, ya, ya, right, right, right, correct, correct.

Don’t worry, we organise this. And if Tan Sri Vincent and Tengku Adnan want to meet you privately, they will, I will call you. We organise a private arrangement, in a very neutral place.

No, don’t worry, Datuk, I know how much you suffered for Tun Eusoff Chin. And Tun said Datuk Ahmad Fairuz 110 percent loyalty. We want to make sure our friends are there for the sake of PM and for the sake of the country. Not for our own interest, not for our own interest. We want to make sure the country comes out well.

Well, you suffered so much, so much you have done - for the election petition, Wee Choo Keong, everything. How much, nobody would have done all these.

Yes, you know. Ah. Good lah. You don’t worry. I am constantly working on this. I…

Ya, ya, don’t worry, don’t worry. We work hard on this er Datuk. And if Tan Sri Vincent and Tengku want to see you, I will organise it in a confidential place.

Okay, Datuk, all the very best. God bless you and your family.

Okay. Thank you, thank you. Bye-bye, bye-bye.

[Off Camera Voice]: Who is that Dato?

Lingam: Chief Justice Malaya.

[Off Camera Voice]: Who is that?

Lingam: Dato Ahmad Fairuz

[Off camera voice]: Oh Ahmad Fairuz.

Lingam: I put him up there. Don’t tell this, please. I cannot tell this to Manjit. And he is acting President Court of Appeals Number 2 post. He is next Chief Justice. He always says “I leave it to you.”

[Off Camera Voice]: I thought you were very close to Tun Eusoff Chin, Datuk?

Lingam: He is Eusoff Chin’s man, Eusoff Chin retired. But Dzaiddin hates Eusoff Chin, you understand? Ah..

[Off Camera Voice]: Because you know I…I…I..as far as I know you are very…

Lingam: Eusoff Chin and I are extremely close. Because you know…Yeah. Eusoff Chin in power, I can straight and get in Pom! Pom! Pom! Pom! But now Dzaiddin is there. So Dzaiddin is attacking our cases. That means what? James Kumar is aligned to Dzaiddin. But Dzaiddin is retiring in 15th of September. He is finished.

[Off camera voice]: Next year?

Lingam: So Dzaiddin really wants to go…Don’t worry. Dzaiddin recommended Malik Ahmad to be Chief Judge of Malaya. But we went and “cut” “cut” cut” cut” I and Tengku Adnan and Vincent told PM. I stop him for now, because he is anti-PM. We put Fairuz in. And we put…I told you three months ago he became CJM [Chief Justice Malaya]. He said “Don’t believe.” Then he got it. He rang up to thank me. And all that. He now acting PCA because Wan Adnan is sick. Right? This. Apart from law knowledge you need kow tow. Please understand that. You need to know the emperor. Knowing the law doesn’t give you the winning formula, you must also kow tow to the emperor. Correct or not? So now I am working very hard. So he agreed to meet Vincent Tan and PM and…what you call Tengku Adnan.

[Off camera voice]: Do you think Vincent has an interest over PM?

Lingam: You don’t know about the history. Businesswise may not be successful. Robert Kuok is very brilliant. Lim Goh Tong is very rich. Vincent Tan, you know what PM say? He went to Averton he went to Langkawi. He said bincang. I want you to build a hotel here. His wife pulled him away. [Inaudible] He said Dato Seri I will think about it. The wife pulled him away. There is another [inaudible] cannot get a bank loan. Vincent there. Vincent, can you build a hotel? Ready for next Air show?

I want you do it in 6 months. `Datuk Seri, Don’t worry, I will get it done.’ He paid double the price to get all of them. A big loss lah. Then Solomon Island and Fiji and all, he said, Vincent go and invest there, he went and bought…[inaudible] the government factory [inaudible] you do this project a bit and cover up your loss. PM will do what he want to do to cover your backside.

[Off camera voice]: Vincent is very close to him.

Lingam: That’s right. Don’t ask… because Vincent has taken me to PM’s residence… the house … [inaudible]… Anwar’s case… the lawyers…Wee Cheong … [inaudible]. But I cannot go and talk to PM just like that and say promote this and that…

Because ah, he knows… I am a… but when PM calls me on Anwar’s case, I can tell him… he’ll listen…But if I go promote so and so, that means I got interest. So, I don’t do that. I use Vincent and Tengku, go and do that. I don’t f*** them up. They go

and do that. But I tell you this lah. Don’t tell in front of people, of course. Life, one thing go confidential wrong is dangerous. Ah. Never, never say…You should… never. Even though to PM. You should never say. I don’t know. I always say “I don’t know.” That’s all.

[Off camera voice]: Everybody… I think many people know. Even the son case, everything I talk the father, …. Talk until he agreed.

Lingam: You know me [inaudible]. But I never talk about it. Even the son’s case, I do everything. I talk to the father…Talk until he agreed. But if it is a big crisis that affects him, ….I can talk, he will listen. But if I want to favour somebody, that I cannot guarantee. Because my interest is not his interest. You know what I mean. Tomorrow invest your interest involving your father, I can come say this this this, you will listen. But tomorrow I appeal for me, you are not obliged to listen. Because you are a politician, PM. Politician is what is your interest, not what is my interest. But if I am giving advise on your interest, you will listen. On my interest, you will not. You must be careful about this.

[Off camera voice]: Datuk, I need to ask you this question.

Lingam: Ask me. Ask me.

[Off camera voice]: For a while now…

Lingam: Because we can talk behind these people.

[Off camera voice]:… Actually, I think, you know, Daim has more equity interest in Berjaya than Vincent Tan, isn’t that true?

Lingam: Let me tell you something … [inaudible] was bought by Daim … [inaudible]. Later on he did some deals where Daim supposed to help him. One or two he helped. Supposed to give him some money. Didn’t give. Part was paid, part not paid. Later on Daim called up and he got paid.
Ewan_sn
Pertahan Kesaksamaan Rakyat
By Anwar Ibrahim

Tickler:
In another estate area with almost 600 Indian flood victims, the UMNO ‘volunteers’ delivered just one sack of rice to be shared by 600 Indian estate workers and their children. Many of the Indian estate women became hysterical and screamed how 600 people were going to share one bag of rice.
http://www.malaysia-today.net/2008/index.p...2&Itemid=36

Yen:
I appeal to Sdr Anwar Ibrahim to constantly moderate the over enthusiastic Indians by reminding them to give their support and you as a Leader will do the fighting for them and for all Malaysians alike.We must not let a small group of crooks,hooligans and gangsters to hijack our dream to see you become the prime minister of Malaysia.We must not resort to anything illegal which can give BN an excuse to advantage off. BN is a well oiled machinery and it has the financial muscle to do what it wants.

Yusof:
Ini satu petanda menunjukkan berapa lama orang Cina dan India dalam BN boleh tahan untuk mendapat kongsi kuasa dengan UMNO menurut syarat UMNO di mana mereka mesti bertoleransi dengan sikap buruk UMNO dan budak-budak suruhan mereka, nampaknya menurut tuntutan PM yang baru, mereka mesti dapat bertahan untuk selama sekurang-kurangnya 50 tahun lagi. Nampaknya mereka dah tak boleh tahan lo!

Kepada yen; tickler dan yusof,

Mesej kita kepada rakyat harus konsisten, pertahankan paksi perlembagaan, keadilan untuk semua. Rakyat miskin jangan dipinggirkan dan khazanah negara jangan dirompak oleh segelintir keluarga dan kroni pimpinan Umno & BN.

Masih punya ruang untuk berubah, tinggal rakyat perlu manfaatkan demi maruah!

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Sambutan Di Utara Begitu Menggalakkan
By Anwar Ibrahim

Tahniah kepada rakan-rakan di Pulau Pinang dan Kedah kerana mengatur program dengan jayanya. Sambutan masyarakat India terutama di Paya Besar,Lunas sekitar 6 hingga 7 ribu orang majoriti kaum India mengejutkan banyak pihak. Samy Vellu pun mula mengaum marahkan saya. Ayo yo….

Di Tasek Gelugor dan istimewa di Markaz PAS Kedah puluhan ribu orang kebanyakannya Melayu membanjiri padang mendengar pidato ustaz Azizan, Ustaz Abdul Hadi dan saya.

Alhamdulillah perkembangan cukup menggalakkan.
Ewan_sn
Bersama Rakyat Di Utara

Di Paya Besar

Ewan_sn
Anwar terima sokongan luar biasa dari akar umbi
Friday, December 28

Oleh Rahimi Osman & Din Merican
klpos

TANGGAL 22 dan 23 Disember lalu, kami melalui perjalanan yang penuh bermakna daripada ibunegara ke desa di utara yang kononnya dikenali sebagai 'Koridor Utara' untuk bersama menyertai Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim di dalam beberapa siri ceramah dan program masyarakat.

Perjalanan ini membawa kami ke Permatang Pauh, Simpang Empat, Seberang Jaya, Kampung Padang Benggali, Kulim, Teluk Air Tawar, Taman Lobak, Pekan Lama Sg Petani dan Kota Sarang Semut, Alor Star. Kembara ini penuh bermakna kepada kami, walaupun satu ketika dahulu kami juga merupakan anak desa, tetapi perjalanan kali ini memberi satu pengajaran kepada kami untuk merasai realiti kehidupan penduduk desa zaman ini.

Di Permatang Pauh, kami melawat Wisma Yayasan Aman di mana Dato' Seri Anwar berucap di hadapan 300 orang hadirin serta menerima penyertaan 250 orang ahli baru keADILan. Walaupun sederhana, Yayasan Aman lengkap dengan kemudahan termasuk asrama dan makmal komputer dengan kemudahan Internet.

Bangunan ini juga mempunyai sebuah perpustakaan dan kemudahan lain seperti dewan serbaguna. Di sinilah, Sdr Din Merican telah 'ditabal' sebagai ahli Anwar Ibrahim Club (AIC), pada umur 68 tahun, Sdr Din Merican menjadi ahli yang tertua AIC. Tetapi sepertimana kata-kata ramai, walaupun berusia 68 tahun, Din masih tetap segak dan bergaya serta semangat menentang ketidakadilan.

Di setiap majlis, kami menyaksikan kehadiran orang ramai yang sungguh menganggumkan untuk mendengar mesej daripada Dato' Seri Anwar mengenai perpaduan kaum, tolak ansur, keadilan dan pengurusan kerajaan yang bertanggungjawab.

Anwar bukan pro-Hindraf

Beliau memberitahu hadirin, beliau yang merupakan pemimpin berbangsa Melayu dan beragama Islam, beliau tidak akan sekali-kali mengenepikan masalah bangsa Melayu khususnya yang mana berhubung kait dengan artikel 153 Perlembagaan Malaysia, pada masa yang sama beliau juga akan bersikap adil dan prihatin terhadap penderitaan serta kemiskinan kaum India dan Cina yang diketepikan. Inilah prinsip keadilan yang perlu ada pada setiap insan. Tiada pemimpin yang layak menerajui negara bertuah ini jika dia tidak berdiri di atas prinsip keadilan.

Sudah tentunya beliau bukanlah pro-Hindraf, beliau cuma menyokong hak HINDRAF yang dijamin oleh perlembagan untuk berhimpun secara aman. Beliau juga berjanji untuk membela nasib kaum India yang sedang mengalami masalah ekonomi dan sosial yang serius kerana dipinggirkan oleh Kerajaan UMNO dan Barisan Nasional pimpinan Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

Ceramah beliau di Taman Lobak, Lunas dihadiri lebih kurang 7000 orang, majoritinya kaum India. Mereka menyambut kehadiran Dato Seri Anwar dengan penuh semangat, tampak di wajah mereka satu harapan untuk pemimpin rakyat ini membela nasib mereka.

Dato' Seri Anwar memberikan mereka beberapa contoh kes rasuah besar pemimpin negara dan salah guna kuasa, serta kelemahan pentadbiran kerajaan hari ini. Beliau berkata, pemimpin UMNO dan Barisan Nasional terlalu sombong dan bongkak serta tidak langsung mempedulikan masalah rakyat.

Jumpa intelektual Melayu

Di Kulim, Kedah, beliau juga bertemu dengan sekumpulan golongan intelektual Melayu Islam untuk sesi dialog membincangkan masa hadapan Melayu serta rakyat Malaysia berkenaan Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia yang beliau kemukakan. Beliau berkata, agenda ini adalah jalan baru menuju kearah kemajuan negara serta bangsa Melayu di abad ke-21 ini.

Di Teluk Air Tawar, dimana Ketua Umum Parti Keadilan Rakyat ini berucap dihadapan 5000 orang, beliau memberitahu bahawa pimpinan UMNO peringkat akar-umbi telah melancarkan kempen kotor yang menyatakan beliau sekarang merupakan seorang yang pro-India dan menentang kaum sendiri.

Beliau memberi jaminan kepada mereka yang beliau tidak akan berganjak dari perjuangan beliau untuk membela nasib kaum sendiri. Tetapi sebagai seorang Muslim, beliau dibesarkan untuk percaya bahawa keadilan harus ditegakkan untuk seluruh rakyat Malaysia kerana prinsip keadilan inilah yang menjadi tiang utama keharmonian dan kestabilan negara.

Ucapan beliau disambut baik, kami menanyakan pendapat beberapa orang hadirin dan mereka sekarang sedar bahawa UMNO telah melancarkan satu kempen kotor desperado menentang Dato' Seri Anwar.

30,000 dengar ceramah

Ceramah Perdana di Kota Sarang Semut pada malam 23 Disember menyaksikan puncak lawatan Dato' Seri Anwar ke Utara. Lebih kurang, 30, 000 hadirin yang majoritinya Melayu hadir membajiri Markas PAS Kedah untuk mendengar amanat daripada Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim dan Tuan Guru Dato' Seri Hj. Abdul Hadi Awang. Pemerhatian kami, Dato Seri Anwar berada di kemuncaknya apabila beliau membuatkan hadirin duduk mendengar dengan teliti dan memberikan respon yang baik kepada ucapanya walaupun sudah lewat malam.

Beliau membangkitkan isu rasuah, salahguna kuasa dan kelemahan pentadbiran Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Beliau menyeru rakyat kali ini untuk memberikan undi mereka sebaik-baiknya supaya kita boleh bergerak ke satu era baru di bawah sebuah kerajaan yang mengutamakan khidmat untuk rakyat.

Perjalanan kali ini penuh dengan memori bermakna. Tidak selalu kita ini orang Bandar sedar bahawa rakyat di desa sungguh istimewa, setia dan punyai semangat untuk berkerja keras. Mereka adalah rakyat yang telah lama ditindas oleh pemimpin yang korup.

Kami juga sedar bahawa mereka tidaklah senaif mana, mereka mampu berfikir untuk diri mereka mana yang baik dan mana yang buruk. Jika diberikan input dan fakta kepada mereka, mereka mampu membuat keputusan yang bijak untuk diri, keluarga dan komuniti mereka.

Suasana kali ini sungguh kuat untuk satu perubahan, kita mesti mengambil peluang keemasan ini untuk menjadikan perubahan itu satu realtiti semasa pilihanraya umum ke 12 yang mendatang. Inilah masanya untuk kita mencampakkan lambing dacing ke Laut China Selatan.

* Rahimi Osman adalah salah seorang Pembantu kepada Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim dan Din Merican merupakan Pengarah Program Parti Keadilan Rakyat

Di Paya Besar Lunas Kedah

Ewan_sn

Di Sungai Petani

Di Kota Sarang Semut

Di Pekan Lunas

Ewan_sn

"Kami sokong" kata orang ramai selepas Anwar minta mereka jangan undi BN

Ewan_sn
Anwar gempur Rawang, Kuang dan Taman Templer Sabtu ini
Wan Nordin Wan Yaacob
Thu | Jan 10, 08 | 8:23:02 pm MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 11 Jan (Hrkh) - Penasihat Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KeADILan) Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim akan melawat ke kawasan DUN Rawang, Kuang dan Taman Templer pada Sabtu ini, (12 Januari), untuk menghadiri siri program yang dianjurkan oleh KeADILan Bahagian Selayang.

Khidmat HarakahDaily.Net melalui wap ditutup sementara untuk kerja-kerja penyelengaraan. Harap Maklum.

Dalam satu kenyataan Penerangan KeADILan menyatakan, ini merupakan kunjungan pertama beliau ke kawasan Parlimen Selayang sejak dibebaskan dari penjara pada September 2004.

Anwar akan tiba di Rawang untuk merasmikan Pusat Khidmat Masyarakat KeADILan Parlimen Selayang dan Pejabat KeADILan Batu Arang pada pukul 5.00 petang dan menghadiri satu Majlis Mesra Bersama Masyarakat Rawang di Kg.Sg Terentang pada pukul 6.00 petang, katanya.

Majlis di Rawang ini akan berlangsung dari pukul 4.30 petang hingga 7.00 malam, bertempat di tapak kosong di belakang SRJK © San Yuk, Kampung Sungai Terentang, Rawang.

Bendahari Agung, William Leong, Exco Wanita Pusat, Gan Pei Nei, Bendahari Negeri Selangor, S.Kottapan, Ketua Penerangan KeADILan, Tian Chua, serta Pengerusi Kuala Lumpur-Selangor, Lee Kim Sin merupakan penceramah jemputan.

Anwar akan bersembahyang Magrib di Masjid Batu 16, Kg Melayu, Rawang seterusnya akan hadir ke Majlis Mesra Bersama Masyarakat Kepong Utara, DUN Taman Templer, di tapak sebelah FRIM, Ulu Kepong, yang bermula pukul 7.30 malam.

Barisan penceramah termasuk Tian Chua, William Leong, Ahli MPT Gobalakrisnan serta Yang Dipertua PAS Selayang, Mohamad.

Program terakhir dalam siri lawatan Anwar ini ialah pada malam 12 Januari merupakan ceramah umum di Markaz PAS Kampung Damai, Batu 17, Jalan Tanjong, DUN Kuang.

Selain mengupas isu-isu semasa dalam negara, Anwar dan pemimpin parti akan menerangkan "Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia" kepada orang ramai.

Awal lagi, Anwar akan menghadiri Majlis Jamuan Rakyat di Kg.Gombak, Kuang, pada waktu tengah hari.

Penerangan KeADILan dalam kenyataanya menyeru penduduk sekitar DUN Rawang, Taman Templer dan Kuang untuk menghadiri program-program yang dianjurkan bagi memahami perkembangan semasa dalam negara.
Ewan_sn
Gambar-gambar Lawatan DSAI ke Pengerang, Johor

Ewan_sn
Liputan Media di Akhbar Today, Singapura

Keadilan has struck deal to split electoral seats, says Anwar, who is prepared to contest in by-elections

Nazry Bahrawi

AMID rising election fever in Malaysia, opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim (picture) yesterday offered friends and foes a sneak preview of his party’s game plan — which includes a deal with a key opposition party.

Mr Anwar announced that after months of negotiations, his Keadilan party had finalised a deal with the Chinese-based Democratic Action Party (DAP) to divide the electoral seats between them in Penang.

“Nobody believed that it could be reached and we have reached it early enough, long before the resolution by Parliament on elections,” Mr Anwar said at a press conference here, on the sidelines of the Regional Outlook Forum 2008 organised by the Institute of South-east Asian Studies (Iseas).

Mr Anwar added that he was confident that the opposition parties would turn in a good showing during the general election.

“Objectively, if the election is free and fair, we will produce a very impressive performance. I have no doubt about that,” said Mr Anwar, who has been using his overseas trips to publicise his political views.

An Indonesian television station came under fire recently by Malaysia’s Information Minister Zainuddin Maidin for airing an interview with Mr Anwar.

Mr Anwar’s optimistic assessment came despite the fact that his Keadilan party failed to defeat the ruling Barisan Nasional in a closely-fought by-election in the small constituency of Ijok last April.

In that contest, Keadilan managed to net only about 5 per cent of votes from ethnic Indians in the Indian-majority constituency.

But Mr Anwar believes that the Indian community’s dissatisfaction with the government — embodied by the street protests organised by the Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) last November — is likely to translate into greater support from Indian voters for his party.

“I don’t believe anyone in the right sense could now accept the fact that Indian support for the government will be 90 per cent, ” said Mr Anwar.

Referring to the Ijok by-election, he added: “Then, 50 per cent of the Malays were with us, 60 per cent of the Chinese were with us, and 5 per cent of the Indians … Now we can sustain the Indians, the Chinese and the Malays.”

But even as he acknowledged that his party needs “to work harder” to reach out to Malays in the deep rural heartlands, Mr Anwar said he is also encouraged by the enthusiastic response he has received from the “Malay urban and general rural population” during his visits to states such as Johor.

Apart from Penang, Mr Anwar said that Keadilan is also eyeing Selangor, Perak and Sabah.

But his party will stay clear of Terengganu and Kelantan since they are “essentially PAS (Parti Islam SeMalaysia) bastions”, Mr Anwar said.

He also unveiled his back-up plan — to contest in a by-election in the event that the polls take place before April 15.

Mr Anwar is barred by the law from running for political office until this April because of his six-year jail sentence for corruption.

When asked which seat he is eyeing, Mr Anwar, to laughter, replied coyly: “A safe seat.”

But he added: “For people like me who prefer a multi-religious, multi-racial agenda, it would be better to possibly choose a constituency that has that demographical bone of Malays, Chinese and Indians.”

Some analysts feel that Mr Anwar may be painting too optimistic a picture of the opposition’s chances in the coming polls.

Malaysian political scientist Dr Chandra Muzaffar of Universiti Sains Malaysia described Mr Anwar’s assertion on being able to secure the Indian and Chinese votes as “a pipe dream”.

While it may be possible that support for the Barisan Nasional from both ethnic groups to “come down a little” from the 2004 election results, Dr Chandra does not believe that “the erosion will be significant”.

But Dr Ooi Kee Beng of Iseas said it is possible for the opposition parties to turn in a good showing if they can show themselves to be united.

Although he said that Mr Anwar could be “over-optimistic” about his predictions, Dr Ooi thought the opposition leader’s plan for a by-election “sounds like a clever enough strategy to counter his weakness that he can’t contest before April”.

In Kuala Lumpur, Umno Youth deputy chief Khairy Jamaluddin called on Malaysians to stop speculation on when the general election would be held, saying that only Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi had the right to comment on the election date.

He has been asked what kind of perfume he uses, and who styles his hair.

But despite receiving such “embarrassing” questions by young adults over Facebook, Mr Anwar told reporters that taking his campaign online where he could engage in interactive exchanges has been “useful”. Besides Facebook. Mr Anwar said he also keeps Friendster and MySpace accounts.

The opposition leader also maintains a blog that is entirely penned in the Malay language as a means of reaching out to Malay voters.
Ewan_sn
Video Lawatan Anwar Ibrahim Ke Johor

http://anwaribrahimblog.com/2008/01/16/vid...-dsai-ke-johor/
Ewan_sn
VK Lingam Video - Part III

Pada hari ini saya menerbitkan segmen ketiga rakaman video lawyer VK Lingam yang diberikan kepada saya pada Jumaat lepas, 25 Januari. Klip ini memberikan bukti tambahan bahawa konspirasi yang kini sedang disiasat oleh Suruhanjaya Diraja melangkaui usaha melantik Ahmad Fairuz ke Mahkamah Persekutuan. Segmen 5 minit ini secara langsung mengaitkan bekas Ketua Hakim Negara Dzaiddin Abdullah yang didakwa menerima rasuah dari VK Lingam dan Vincent Tan agar beliau tidak mengkritik kedua-dua individu tersebut secara terbuka. Dzaiddin Abdullah merupakan Ketua Hakim Negara antara Disember 2000 hingga 2003. Di dalam video tersebut disebut VK Lingam menyatakan: “Dan kita telah memberikan beliau hadiah paling mahal. Jangan tanyalah apa bendanya. Saya telah beri kepadanya dan Vincent Tan telah berikan kepadanya.”

Meskipun pada awalnya penubuhan Suruhanjaya Diraja telah memberikan rakyat Malaysia harapan agar kewibawaan dan integriti Kehakiman dapat dipulihkan, kami belum yakin dengan prosiding dan keputusan prosedur yang dibuat para Pesuruhjaya setakat ini. Suruhanjaya Diraja mestilah dapat menjunjung ketelusan dan integriti agar tidak kelihatan merosakkan lagi imej sistem kehakiman negara. Saya dengan ini menyerahkan bukti terbaru ini kepada orang ramai dan menyatakan kesediaan bekerjasama sepenuhnya dengan prosiding Suruhanjaya selama ini.

ANWAR IBRAHIM

Transcript

Lingam: The constitution judges said the constitution said, in the opinion of the prime minister he recommend. Who the prime minister recommend? So you are Dzaiddin, you are chief justice, you recommend 10 names, I consent, I said I want these 15 names, can’t do anything. He recommend to rulers, rulers only consulted, not approve, only consult. You Know?

[Voice off-camera]: Because if it goes up to the Court of Appeal…

Lingam: Now Dzaiddin wants to come through the PM because he wants his Tun-ship. So…he doing everything to please the PM lah, but he recommended five judges, three…three approved, which is Tun Eusoff Chin’s men, two not Eusoff Chin’s men which we objected. I prepared the report and rejected… but he wants to appeal again lah.

[Voice off-camera]: Can he appeal?

Lingam: He can appeal lah, but will be rejected lah.

[Voice off-camera]: I never know appointment can be rejected you know?

Lingam: No, recommendation can be rejected. The PM shall recommend so and so, after consulting so and so. So, PM suppose to consult Loh Mui Fah before he recommends. So Loh Mui Fah recommend 10 names, he in fact can say I disagree with your 10 names, I recommend Gurm…Lingam and so and so. Nothing you can do. You are only…you are supposed to be consulted, not to be approved. You see the point or not? The constitution said consult. I suppose to consult my father before I marry, I consulted him, he disagreed but still I married!

[Voice off-camera]: Because that is not final, ah.

Lingam: Right, consult is to discuss. That’s all. But if I must get my father’s approval before married, then different. Approval different from consult.

[Voice off-camera]: So, who is the lord president now?

Lingam: Now chief justice Dzaiddin.

[Voice off-camera]: Dzaiddin…

Lingam: But between you and me. We have taken Dzaiddin for dinner three times.

[Voice off-camera]: Three times already.

Lingam: And we have given him the most expensive gift. Don’t ask about it lah. I have given him and Vincent Tan has given him. So, he also cannot attack us. Tomorrow we go say we give you this this this. He cannot go and say you are a agent. Correct or not? So, he is neither here nor there lah. That’s all.

[Voice off-camera]: But… Chief Justice..

Lingam: But in the court when I argue with him. He said, Datuk Lingam you said you will take one hour. I said, my Lord, it is only 50 minutes, I got another 10 minutes. But…I appreciate. Thank you, thank you… He is very nice with me, very polite with me. I have been sending cakes every hari raya. Vincent has been sending. He can’t go and say he is very clean, correct or not?

[Voice off-camera]: But then he is…

Lingam: But he is playing his game lah. He got the job, that’s it. Now, September he is finished that’s all. Make sure he is not extended.

[Voice off-camera]: But, he may ask for extension.

Lingam: He is hoping… he told somebody that he likes the job very much. Then he likes…Let him dream lah.

[Voice off-camera]: Above him is the Lord President?

Lingam: He is the number one man, Dzaiddin.

[Voice off-camera]: Whose the Lord President?

Lingam: He is called… those days called lord president, now called chief justice, federal court.

[Voice off-camera]: Oh… it is the same title.

Lingam: Number two President Court of Appeal, that Wan Adnan, my personal friend. He was sick. Nobody knows he is close to me. Right, in fact, he never knew his name is going up until I told him. Then number three, Ahmad Fairuz, Chief Judge Malaya. Ahmad Fairuz is going to be acting, now acting…number two. Right? So, next minute, even Raja Aziz said he is going to be the next top job. He is…definitely number one lah. So, he told me I leave it all to you and you must help me and all…I said I’ll arrange for you to meet Tengku Adnan, Vincent and meet with PM lah…But this bugger is sometimes a bit scared. Ah…I must play shadow from the behind. Nobody should know I know you. Then you can help more. But people, see you know more, like Eusoff Chin, because I met him in New Zealand, became a problem. But if I didn’t meet him in New Zealand, it’s a… no problem. Correct or not? Unfortunate.

[Voice off-camera]: Then, in your…then they said you have taken photograph with him holidaying in…huh…huh…

Lingam: But unfortunately, I didn’t know. The worst thing I didn’t know Eusoff Chin put his hand like that! Alamak…so…I also didn’t know about it. What to do?

[Voice off-camera]: Then… then…

Lingam: Do you know, today one o’clock, Eusoff Chin having lunch in his house today. Hari Raya today. He called me and my wife to come. I told him we don’t go today, we make it another day. I don’t come but my wife and children will come. You know or not?
I told my wife to call…[unclear]… [phone rings]…

Lingam: Hello…Joe Ah…!

Note: Because some parts of the recording are inaudible the transcript may not be 100% accurate.

Ewan_sn
Keengganan Suruhanjaya Menerima Bukti Menghakis Keyakinan

Suruhanjaya Haidar di dalam memutuskan untuk tidak menerima bukti wujudnya konspirasi menetapkan keputusan mahkamah telah menghakis keyakinan orang ramai bahawa kerajaan hari ini serius di dalam mengembalikan kedaulatan undang-undang di Malaysia.

Saya amat kecewa bahawa Suruhanjaya Haidar telah memutuskan bahawa saya tidak perlu dipanggil untuk memberikan bukti wujudnya rasuah sebagaimana disebutkan di dalam petikan kenyataan saya yang diserahkan kepadada Suruhanjaya Haidar. Saya yakin bukti yang saya dapat berikan mampu membantu Suruhanjaya Haidar untuk mendapatkan kebenaran disebalik kemelut yang melanda sejarah kehakiman Malaysia ini.

Keputusan Suruhanjaya untuk tidak membenarkan saya memberi keterangan sudah semestinya akan menimbulkan tanggapan ada kuasa-kuasa di belakang tabir yang menentukan keputusan tersebut. Kuasa-kuasa ini cukup berpengaruh sehinggakan Suruhanjaya ini tidak akan teragak-agak untuk berbuat apa sahaja bagi menafikan saya memberikan bukti, meskipun bukti tersebut sudah semestinya akan membantu menjelaskan keterangan-keterangan lain yang telah diberikan selama ini. Namun, para pesuruhjaya (terutamanya Tan Sri Haidar) tidak mengambil peluang ini untuk mencari punca sebenar skandal ini, tetapi menghabiskan masa mereka dengan isu-isu prosedur dan tafsiran yang terhad tentang bidangkuasa mereka.

Tujuan dan matlamat siasatan ini ialah untuk memastikan rakyat Malaysia dan masyarakat antarabangsa bahawa hakim-hakim di negara kita boleh menjunjung keadilan tanpa kecuali. Malangnya, para pesuruhjaya mengambil tafsiran yang terhad terhadap terma-terma rujukan dan sekaligus mengelak dari menyiasat rasuah yang paling jijik sekali bahawa keputusan di dalam mahkamah kita boleh diatur, dan bukannya mengapuskan barah rasuah ke akar umbinya. Secara asasnya, video Lingam menunjukkan pihak yang berkemungkinan terjebak atau sememangnya terlibat dengan rasuah dilantik ataupun dinaikkan pangkat sebagai hakim. Para pesuruhjaya tersilap di dalam hanya membenarkan bukti penetapan perlantikan hakim tanpa membenarkan bukti rasuah diambilkira.

Sebelum penubuhan Suruhanjaya DiRaja ini saya sudah mendesak agar terma rujukan siasatan ini mestilah cukup luas dan jelas bagi memastikan kemaslahatan umum dipelihara. Jelas, perkara ini tidak berlaku. Akibat dari terma rujukan yang tidak dihurai dengan baik dan terma rujukan yang terhad, para pesuruhjaya kini telah membuat ralat yang nyata.

Justeru, di dalam pendekatan yang teramat pincang ini, Suruhanjaya bukan sahaja gagal mendapat gambaran sebenar situasi ini tetapi sama ada secara sedar atau tidak terlibat di dalam menghalang penegakan undang-undang. Saya tidak menggunakan istilah ini dalam konteks perundangan yang terhad tetapi konteks etika dan moral yang lebih luas bagai mengambilkira harapan tulen rakyat. Dan menjadi harapan sebenar rakyat bahawa prosiding siasatan ini dijalankan supaya keadilan dapat dicapai secara meyakinkan.

Saya juga menyeru Perdana Menteri Dato’ Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi untuk mengambil tindakan segera bagi menjelaskan terma rujukan bagi memastikan bukti rasuah termasuk penetapan keputusan mahkamah bermula dengan penyingkiran bekas Ketua Hakim Negara, Tun Salleh Abbas diterimapakai di dalam siasatan ini.

Sekiranya kerajaan benar-benar serius di dalam memerangi rasuah serta mengembalikan keyakinan terhadap institusi kehakiman, inilah peluang untuk mereka membuktikan komitmen mereka. Sudah sampai masanya Perdana Menteri mengambil tindakan tegas bagi membawa mereka yang merosakkan institusi kehakiman, tidak kira apa jawatan mereka ke muka pengadilan, bukan dengan hanya melaungkan slogan muluk-muluk tentang prinsip ketelusan dan akauntabiliti.

Saya mendesak Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi bertindak segera bagi memastikan rakyat Malaysia dan masyarakat antarabangsa dapat diyakinkan bahawa kerajaan beliau serius di dalam memerangi rasuah dan benar-benar mahu menegakkan kedaulatan undang-undang.

ANWAR IBRAHIM

The Haidar Commission in ruling not to admit evidence on fixing of court decisions has severely affected public confidence that the present administration is serious in restoring the rule of law in Malaysia.

It is disappointing to note that the Haidar Commission has ruled that I need not be called to provide evidence of corruption as indicated in the synopsis of my statement to be given to the Haidar Commission. I am certain that the evidence that I can give will be of significant assistance to the Haidar Commission to get the truth behind this dark patch in Malaysian judicial history.

The decision by the Commission to arbitrarily disallow me to testify would certainly lead one to the conclusion that some unseen hand is at work. This hand is so powerful that the Commission will stop at nothing to prevent me from giving evidence, even though the evidence concerned will definitely shed light on the testimony given so far. Instead of seizing the opportunity of the Inquiry to find the underlying cause of this scandal, the Commissioners, (in particular the Chairman Tan Sri Haidar), have chosen to fetter themselves with procedural legalities and restrictive interpretations as to what they can do and what they cannot do.

The purpose and objective of the Enquiry is to assure both the Malaysian public and foreigners that judges in Malaysia dispense justice without fear or favour. Unfortunately, instead of adopting a robust approach to surgically remove the cancer of corruption in the judiciary in all its forms, the Commissioners adopt at a restricted interpretation of its term of reference and thereby exclude investigation into the most malignant form of corruption that decisions of the Courts in Malaysia can be fixed. The crux of the matter is that the Lingam video shows that persons who are likely to be corruptible or are corrupted are appointed or promoted as judges. The Commissioners have fallen into serious error in only allowing evidence of brokering of judges’ appointments without allowing evidence of corruption to be admitted.

I had prior to the setting up of the Royal Commission warned that the terms of reference of the Enquiry must be sufficiently wide and clear to ensure that the public interests is served. This was not done. As a result of the poorly drafted and restrictive terms of reference, the Commissioners have now made a manifest error.

Obviously, in pursuing this farcical approach to justice, the Commission has not only deprived itself of the opportunity to get a better picture of the true state of affairs but is wittingly or unwittingly become complicit in the obstruction of justice. I use this term not in the restrictive legal context but in a wider ethical and moral context taking into account the legitimate expectations of the people. And it is the legitimate expectation of the people that the proceedings of the Inquiry be conducted so that justice is not only done but seen to be done.

I also call upon Prime Minister Dato’ Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to take immediate action by providing a clarification on the terms of reference to ensure that evidence of corruption including the fixing of decisions beginning from the time of the sacking of the former Lord President, Tun Salleh Abbas be admitted in the ongoing Enquiry.

If the government is serious about combating corruption as well as restoring confidence in the judiciary, this is the opportunity for it to prove itself. Rather than just paying lip service to the principles of accountability and transparency, the Prime Minister should take decisive and firm action to bring to justice all those responsible, how high they may be, for corrupting the administration of justice in this country.

I urge Prime Minister Dato’ Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to act immediately in order that Malaysians and the international community can be assured that his administration is serious in combating corruption and is genuine in wanting to uphold the rule of law.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Daya Saing Malaysia Ke-8 di Dunia? Telitikan Data Sebenar

Dakwaan Perdana Menteri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi bahawa Malaysia kini di tangga kelapan dunia dalam konteks daya saing negara adalah satu fakta yang sengaja diputarbelitkan.

Penelitian menyeluruh kepada data yang dikeluarkan mendapati bahawa fakta tersebut adalah betul tetapi hanya di kalangan kategori negara-negara yang mempunyai populasi 20 juta penduduk ke atas.

Merujuk kepada Laporan Daya Saing Dunia 2007 seperti yang dipetik oleh Perdana Menteri, hakikatnya Malaysia hanya menduduki tempat ke 23 di dalam dunia. 15 daripada 22 negara yang menduduki tangga lebih tinggi di atas Malaysia pada tahun 2007 mempunyai populasi kurang daripada 20 juta penduduk, manakala 7 daripada 22 negara tersebut melebihi 20 juta penduduk.

Kedudukan kebolehsaingan Malaysia pada tahun 2006 adalah di tangga 22, dan pada tahun 1997 di tangga ke-17.

Keputusan Abdullah untuk mengeluarkan fakta yang bercelaru ini adalah usaha yang sangat lemah untuk menyembunyikan fakta bahawa asas-asas ekonomi Malaysia telah gagal bergerak di bawah pemerintahannya.

Daya saing Malaysia semakin merosot dan dalam keadaan di mana ekonomi kita dulunya setaraf dengan Singapura dan Hong Kong, kita sekarang di kedudukan ke 23 di seluruh dunia, manakala Singapura di kedudukan kedua dan Hong Kong ketiga.

Jelasnya, kita memerlukan kepimpinan yang lebih berwibawa sekiranya Malaysia ingin memperkasakan ekonominya sebagai gagasan ekonomi bertaraf global.

ANWAR IBRAHIM

Prime Minister Abdullah’s claim that Malaysia is currently ranked 8th in the world in terms of competitiveness is deliberately misleading.

Closer examination of the data reveals that this is true only within the category of countries with a population of 20 million or more.

According to the full World Competitiveness Report 2007 as cited by the Prime Minister, Malaysia is in fact ranked only 23rd in the world. Fifteen of the twenty-two countries ranked above Malaysia in 2007 have populations of less than 20 million people, while seven of the twenty-two have populations exceeding 20 million.

Malaysia’s competitiveness ranking in 2006 was 22nd, and in 1997, it was 17th.

Prime Minister Abdullah’s decision to resort to such misdirection is a weak attempt to hide the fact that Malaysia’s economic fundamentals have weakened progressively under his government.

Malaysia’s competitiveness is plumetting and where once our economy stood shoulder to shoulder with countries like Singapore and Hong Kong, we are now ranked 23rd in the world, they are ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.

We are clearly in need of a higher calibre of leadership if Malaysia is to realise its full potential as an economy of global stature.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Ayuh dedahkan rasuah saya!! Ikuti ucapan Anwar...

Ayuh Dedahkan Rasuah Saya
Ewan_sn
Gambar Lawatan DSAI ke Perak, 16/2/08

Ewan_sn
Lawatan Anwar Ke Selangor

Ewan_sn
Ceramah Anwar Di Pulau Pinang

Ewan_sn
Gambar2 Lawatan Anwar Ke Kelana Jaya, Subang Jaya

Ewan_sn
...sambungan

Ewan_sn
Anwar Saman Khairy, Chandra RM10 juta Kerana Fitnah

Kerana mulut badan binasa. Ketua Umum KeADILan, Anwar Ibrahim mengarahkan peguamnya memfailkan tuntutan undang-undang terhadap Timbalan Ketua Pemuda Umno, Khairy Jamaluddin, dan Dr Chandra Muzaffar berhubung kenyataan fitnah dua individu berkenaan baru-baru ini.

Selain dari tuntuan memohon maaf secara terbuka, Anwar Ibrahim juga memfailkan saman RM10 juta setiap satu kerana tindakan mereka mencemar maruah beliau dengan tuduhan berniat jahat.

Bercakap kepada wartawan, peguam Sankara Nair berkata pihaknya telah menghantar surat tuntutan itu kepada Khairy dan Chandra pada 4 Mac lalu, meminta mereka menarik balik tuduhan mereka dan memastikan tabiat buruk itu tidak diulangi lagi dimasa hadapan.

Menjelaskan dua insiden berkenaan, Sankara menunjukkan bahawa Khairy menggambarkan Anwar Ibrahim seorang manusia yang rendah moral, luar tabii dan tidak mempunyai nilai-nilai Islam kepada kelompok pendengar dalam satu ceramah Umno di Lembah Pantai 20 Februari lalu.

Sementara Chandra pula menuduh Anwar Ibrahim “menggalakkan dan mencetuskan perpecahan kaum di kalangan kaum di Malaysia,” dalam satu forum lalu seperti yang dilaporkan akhbar New Strait Times 4 Mac lalu.

Dalam surat firma guaman Nair kepada Khairy, tuduhan-tuduhan yang dilemparkan kepada Anwar Ibrahim adalah “fitnah yang amat serius dan telah mengganggu ketenteraman klien kami (Anwar), bahkah memalukan beliau, terutama selepas kes Peguam Negara vs Anwar Ibrahim dimana klien kami didapati tidak bersalah dan dibebaskan.”

“Demikian itu, tuduhan-tuduhan pihak tuan terhadap beliau adalah tidak benar dan serangan pihak tuan terhadap klien kami tidak berasas sama-sekali.”

Dalam surat kepada Chandra pula, Nair berkata tuduhan yang dilemparkan adalah jenayah fitnah dan perlu diambil tindakan.

Nair berkata tindakan dua teman sejoli itu adalah “tidak bertanggungjawab” dan didorong oleh kepentingan dengan niat untuk menimbulkan kebencian rakyat terhadap Anwar.

Khairy dan Chandra masing-masing diberi masa 48 jam – dari 4 Mac hingga 6 Mac – untuk memberi jawapan. Sekiranya gagal pihak guaman Anwar diarahkan untuk “mengambil tindakan undang-undang” terhadap mereka.
Ewan_sn
Kita Akan Bina Malaysia Baru!!
Anwar Ibrahim
Sun | Mar 09, 08 | 2:27:58 am MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 9 Mac (Hrkh) - "Terima kasih kepada seluruh rakyat Malysia.Saya begitu terharu dan tersentuh dengan pilihan yang dibuat mereka dan penghargaan wajar diberikan kepada rakyat Malaysia dan rakan-rakan yang mahukan perubahan dan era baru dalam negara."

Demikianlah kata mukadimah penuh semangat Penasihat KeADILan, Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim yang mengadakan sidang media khas keputusan kejayaan Barisan Alternatif (BA) jam 1.10 pagi tadi di kediamannya tadi.

"BA telah berjaya menubuhkan kerajaan di lima buah negeri iaitu Kelantan,Kedah, Pulau Pinang,Perak dan Selangor," kata Anwar di hadapan lebih 50 wartawan dan jurugambar luar dan dalam negeri.

"Kita telah berjaya menafikan dua pertiga majoriti di Parlimen," katanya.

Kata Anwar setakat keputusan diperolehi, KeADILan telah memenangi lebih 30 kerusi Parlimen, PAS sejumlah 27 manakala DAP juga mendapat 27 kerusi namun keputusan muktamad dan rasmi masih ditunggu oleh pihaknya.

Turut hadir sama dalam sidang media itu ialah Timbalan Presiden KeADILan Dr Syed Husin Ali dan Ketua Penerangan KeADILan Tian Chua yang telah memenangi kerusi Parlimen Batu, Wilayah Persekutuan.

Anwar menjelaskan kejayaan itu adalah kerana rakyat telah memberikan mesej yang jelas mahukan sebuah kerajaan yang bertanggungjawab, telus dan mewakili suara pandangan semua kaum.

Katanya keputusan pada malam ini merupakan satu sejarah yang belum pernah berlaku dalam landskap politik negara dan berjanji BA akan melaksanakan mandat yang diberikan rakyat dengan sebaiknya.

"Esok insya-Allah, kita akan membina Malaysia baru secara bersama-sama dan masa depan Malaysia mula tercipta," katanya.

Ketika ditanya bagaimana perasaan beliau menghadapi kejayaan BA besar dan mengejutkan itu, Anwar berkata beliau benar-benar tersentuh dengan pilihan rakyat Malaysia itu.

"Saya bersyukur kepada Allah SWT. Dan merasa begitu bahagia kerana dikongsi bersama dengan semua kaum yang dianggap sebagai satu keluarga.

"Sesungguhnya, politik negara sudah tidak akan sama lagi sampai bila-bila,"kata Anwar.

Sementara itu, beliau meminta semua pihak khususnya para penyokong BA supaya bersikap bertenang dan tidak melakukan sebarang sambutan atas kejayaan BA dan ini turut dipersetujui oleh PAS dan DAP.

"Tiada sambutan dilakukan. Kerja akan diteruskan esok seperti biasa untuk membina Malaysia baru," katanya. - mks.
Ewan_sn
Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia akan memacu pertumbuhan
By Admin 200 Comments
Categories: KeADILan

Agenda ekonomi KeADILan telah jelas terbukti menerima mandat rakyat pada 8 Mac yang lalu, apabila rakyat Malaysia telah mengundi dan menambah empat kali ganda bilangan kerusi Parlimen yang dipegang parti pembangkang, justeru memberikan kami 50% kerusi Parlimen di Malaysia Barat. Selepas sedekad tadbirurus ekonomi yang lemah, inflasi yang tidak terkawal dalam beberapa tahun yang lepas, dan daya saing yang semakin merosot berbanding negara-negara jiran kita, kami yakin bahawa di bawah kepimpinan kami, bersama-sama berganding bahu dengan pasangan-pasangan kami, kami akan dapat melaksanakan dasar-dasar baru untuk menjamin ekonomi Malaysia yang jauh lebih kuat dan bertenaga tinggi.

Pakatan kami, dengan kuasa yang telah diberi di negeri Selangor, Perak, Pulau Pinang, Kedah dan Kelantan, akan melaksanakan dasar-dasar pasaran bebas yang mesra-perniagaan demi menggalakkan pertumbuhan ekonomi, menarik pelaburan asing dan melahirkan ketelusan dan kepertanggungjawaban yang lebih tinggi dalam urusan perniagaan.

Salah satu prioriti kami dalam minggu-minggu yang akan datang ini adalah untuk mula berdialog dengan para pelabur asing yang sudah bertempat di Selangor, Perak, Pulau Pinang, Kedah dan Kelantan. Ini akan memastikan bahawa keyakinan para pelabur kekal kukuh dalam tempoh peralihan ini, di samping mengenalpasti masalah-masalah yang perlu ditangani kerajaan-kerajaan baru kami, dalam meningkatkan lagi prestasi operasi mereka di sini.

Dasar toleransi sifar kami terhadap rasuah akan dapat memberi kesan yang besar dari segi mengurangkan kos urus niaga dan membina keyakinan dalam perusahaan kecil dan sederhana. Kami juga merancang untuk menyekat kakitangan kerajaan daripada berurusniaga dengan kerajaan, seterusnya mengurangkan insentif untuk kronisme dan perjanjian dalaman yang begitu membelenggu kerajaan sekarang.

Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia, yang merupakan salah-satu titik-tolak janji pilihanraya KeADILan, akan dapat dilaksanakan di peringkat negeri demi mengurangkan impak dasar bertunjangkan kaum, seterusnya memperkenalkan sistem berdasarkan merit yang akan lebih berdaya-saing. Ini akan serta-merta meningkatkan pelaburan asing, menambahkan hasil percukaian negeri, seterusnya mengurangkan jurang pendapatan dan sosio-ekonomi. Kami juga akan menunaikan janji kami untuk melindungi mereka yang tersisih dari semua komuniti etnik di Malaysia.

Tahap kemenangan kami yang tidak terjangka sememangnya agak mengejutkan negara dan rantau ini. Penyesuaian jangka pendek di BSKL dan ringgit yang lebih lemah telah dijangka. Namun begitu, situasi tersebut tidak akan melarat kecuali jika Barisan Nasional memilih untuk cuba menghukum rakyat dengan menyekat dana pembangunan yang sepatutnya pergi ke negeri-negeri yang kini telah tumbang kepada pembangkang. Akan tetapi, kami memberi amaran kepada Barisan Nasional: tindakan sebegitu akan hanya memburukkan lagi kedudukan mereka dalam pandangan rakyat Malaysia.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
Ewan_sn
Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia: KeADILan komited perbaiki masalah kemisikinan semua kaum
Kenyataan Media Anwar Ibrahim
Sun | Mar 16, 08 | 3:56:38 pm MYT

Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia oleh KeADILan adalah komited untuk memperbaiki dan menaiktaraf golongan miskin dan terpinggir sama ada Melayu, Cina, India, Iban, Kadazan dan lain-lainnya. Kami sentiasa menegaskan bahawa di bawah kepimpinan kami, kepentingan orang Melayu akan dipelihara dan kami kekal komited untuk membina sebuah sistem baru yang lebih adil, lebih saksama dan berperanan untuk memastikan tidak ada seorang pun yang ketinggalan di belakang tanpa mengira apa agama dan bangsa mereka.

Kami merancang untuk melaksanakan mekanisme-mekanisme baru untuk menyalurkan bantuan ekonomi kepada sejumlah besar peniaga-peniaga kecil dalam komuniti Melayu dan memastikan peluang pendidikan, skim kewangan mikro kredit, perkhidmatan sosial dan kebajikan serta pelbagai lagi bentuk bantuan ekonomi terbuka untuk masyarakat Melayu.

Saya percaya bahawa semua rakyat Malaysia termasuklah golongan Melayu mengalu-alukan mandat yang diperolehi KeADILan pada 8 Mac lepas dan mereka memandang ke hadapan untuk membentuk sebuah kerajaan yang lebih berakauntabiliti, memerangi rasuah dan melaksanakan janji-janji untuk memacu pertumbuhan ekonomi dan membasmi kemiskinan di dalam pelbagai sektor masyarakat.

Benteras Politik Perkauman UMNO

Justeru saya turut terkesan dengan pelbagai usaha yang dilakukan oleh segelintir pihak untuk mengapi-apikan sentimen perkauman selepas Pilihan raya Umum 8 Mac yang lepas. Kami mempunyai sebab untuk mempercayai bahawa kempen ganas ini dipeloporti segelinti Melayu korporat dan pimpinan Umno yang bersalah kerana menyalahguna dan menyelewengkan Dasar Ekonomi Baru (DEB) untuk memperkayakan kelompok dan kroni mereka menggunakan wang yang sepatutnya disalurkan kepada rakyat.

Hubaya-hubaya ini mempergunakan Umno dan media kawalan kerajaan untuk menyemarakkan rasa takut di kalangan masyarakat Melayu dan mengalihkan tumpuan daripada kekalahan mereka dan kegagalan terbesar Umno dalan sejarah, kepada memberi tumpuan dan fokus kepada keperluan seluruh rakyat Malaysia termasuklah Melayu miskin dan tertindas.

Saya menyeru kepada seluruh rakan warga Malaysia untuk menolak usaha desperado tajaan pimpinan dan ahli Umno untuk menyelamatkan harapan rakyat daripada dimanipulasi sebuah parti yang rosak yang menyemarakkan ketakutan rakyat dan berusaha memecahbelahkan rakyat negara ini.

Kita mesti kekal bersatu untuk menjunjung Harapan Baru untuk Malaysia.

ANWAR IBRAHIM
16 Mac 2008
Ewan_sn
Program alternatif ganti DEB, kata Anwar
17-03-2008 06:54:19 PM

SINGAPURA: Penasihat Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim berkata pakatan pembangkang yang bakal diformalkan tidak lama lagi akan memperkenalkan Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia sebagai program alternatif bagi menggantikan Dasar Ekonomi Baru (DEB) untuk memenuhi keperluan semua kaum di Malaysia.

Katanya program itu akan diketengahkan apabila PKR, DAP dan PAS memformalkan mekanisme pakatan mereka dalam beberapa hari lagi.

"Saya mahu memberi jaminan kepada orang Melayu bahawa agenda Melayu akan dikekalkan tetapi kami juga harus melakarkan satu agenda baru untuk orang Cina dan India," kata Anwar dalam satu temuramah dengan Berita Harian Singapura yang disiarkan pada hari Isnin.

Menurutnya pakatan itu telah mula melakarkan Agenda Ekonomi Malaysia sejak setahun yang lalu.

BERNAMA
Ewan_sn
Anwar sambut baik barisan kabinet baru
18-03-2008 06:04:35 PM

PETALING JAYA: Penasihat Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim hari ini menyambut baik barisan Kabinet baru yang diumumkan Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, namun mengharapkan lebih banyak perubahan.

Beliau berkata rakyat menuntut perubahan keseluruhan dalam kerajaan termasuk dasar dan pelaksanaannya.

"Memang, kita memantau hal ini dan menyambut baik pengumuman ini. Kita tidak bercakap mengenai personaliti tetapi apa yang telah rakyat perkatakan semasa pilihan raya iaitu tuntutan bagi perubahan.

"Mereka mahukan harapan baru, pucuk pimpinan dan dasar ekonomi baru...lebih telus, kerajaan yang bertanggungjawab, ekonomi yang lebih berdaya saing dan vibran, tetapi ini bukan perubahan," katanya pada sidang akhbar selepas mengadakan pertemuan dengan Persekutuan Persatuanpersatuan Cina Malaysia di sini hari ini.

Turut hadir ialah presiden persekutuan itu Tan Sri Lim Gait Tong.

Barisan kabinet baru itu menyaksikan lapan menteri yang memenangi pilihan raya umum lalu digugurkan dan dua tokoh korporat dilantik.

Ditanya sama PKR, DAP dan PAS akan membentuk kabinet bayangan, Anwar berkata beliau telah membincangkan perkara itu dengan pemimpinpemimpin dalam gabungan tiga parti itu.

"Kami tidak tergesa-gesa...kami akan selesaikan dalam sedikit hari," katanya.
Anwar berkata fokus utamanya ialah menentukan kesemua lima negeri yang dikuasai oleh sama ada PKR, DAP atau PAS, ditadbir dengan berkesan, bebas dari dasar kronisme dan rasuah demi menjamin keadaan lebih baik untuk semua kaum.

"Keutamaan kita ialah terhadap pembangunan ekonomi, yang bererti Malaysia perlu berdaya saing," kata beliau dan menambah pelabur asing dari China, India dan Timur Tengah telah menunjukkan maklum balas positif untuk melabur di Selangor dan Pulau Pinang, dan juga negeri-negeri lain, dalam bidang farmaseutikal, biotek, industri berasaskan getah dan hartanah.

Mengenai kedudukan Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim sebagai setiausaha agung PKR, Anwar berkata PKR akan mempertimbang permintaan Menteri Besar Selangor yang baru dilantik itu untuk menumpukan perhatian kepada negeri itu. BERNAMA

Ewan_sn
PAS, KeADILan, DAP setuju erat kerjasama, Wan Azizah Ketua Pembangkang
Wed | Mar 19, 08 | 11:50:28 am MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 19 Mac (Hrkh) - Dalam satu keputusan bersejarah malam tadi, para pemimpin KeADILan, PAS dan DAP bersetuju untuk membentuk satu barisan yang lebih padu bagi memenuhi tuntutan sebuah 'kerajaan menunggu' di peringkat Pusat dan negeri-negeri.

Sehubungan itu, parti-parti terbabit juga sebulat suara bersetuju mencadangkan Presiden KeADILan, Datin Seri Wan Azizah Wan Ismail yang juga Ahli Parlimen Permatang Pauh sebagai Ketua Pembangkang Parlimen Malaysia sehinggalah Ketua Umum KeADILan, Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim layak bertanding untuk kerusi Parlimen.

Berikut disiarkan kenyataan penuh tiga perenggan pemimpin-pemimpin parti terbabit:

Adalah diumumkan bahawa kami Anwar Ibrahim, Lim Kit Siang dan Ustaz Abdul Hadi Awang pagi pihak Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KeADILan), Parti Tindakan Demokratik (DAP) dan Parti Islam Se-Malaysia (PAS) bersetuju dalam satu pertemuan pada malam 18 Mac 2008 bahawa hasrat rakyat sebagaimana yang ditunjukkan dalam pilihanraya ke-12 baru-baru ini perlulah dihormati dan dilaksanakan oleh kami dan parti-parti kami.

Kami bersetuju bahawa kerjasama yang lebih erat perlu dipertimbangkan dengan serius dengan mengambil kira hasrat rakyat untuk mewujudkan kerajaan Persekutuan dan negeri-negeri yang baru dan boleh membawa perubahan-perubahan besar kepada rakyat.

Kami juga bersetuju mencadangkan YB Datin Seri Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, Presiden Parti Keadilan Rakyat, iaitu parti pembangkang terbesar di Parlimen ke-12, sebagai Ketua Pembangkang Parlimen Malaysia yang baru, sehingga Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim layak bertanding untuk kerusi Parlimen

Anwar Ibrahim
Lim Kit Siang
Ustaz Abdul Hadi Awang
Ewan_sn
Why Anwar Matters
Firas Ahmad, FEER

Less than 10 years ago former Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim was languishing in prison, suffering from arsenic poisoning surreptitiously introduced into his drinking water. Mr. Anwar was sacked after challenging the rule of then Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamed. Jailed on what he claimed to be politically motivated charges of sodomy and corruption, not only was Mr. Anwar¹s political career apparently over, but his life was in danger. Only after his family secretly smuggled blood samples out of the country to confirm the poisoning were steps taken to ensure his health.

Fast forward to March 8, 2008. Even though he remains unable to stand for election until April of 2008 due to his previous incarceration, the Anwar-led opposition coalition dealt a stunning blow to the ruling Barisan National (BN) Party, breaking its decades-old super majority control of parliament. To call it a ³comeback² would be an understatement. While the BN continues to hold a simple majority, a tectonic shift has taken place in Malaysian politics, and it was in many ways engineered by Mr. Anwar.

The last time the ruling BN party failed to secure a super majority in parliament was 1969. Following the elections, Chinese celebrations sparked race riots that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of individuals. This national trauma catalyzed the establishment of a controversial race-based system of governance rooted in a New Economic Policy (NEP) that gave preferential treatment to the majority Malay Muslim community. A tenuous arrangement with minority Chinese and Indian groups held the country together since that time, mostly under the rule of Mahathir Mohamed whose aggressive economic growth strategies propelled Malaysia into the third largest economy in Southeast Asia.

Overtime, however, political progress failed to keep pace with economic development. While the largest building in the world was constructed in Kuala Lumpur, political power continued to rest almost entirely along sectarian racial and religious lines. The BN remained unchallenged by a weak opposition incapable of organizing against the status quo. Corruption, mismanagement and concentration of wealth set in. The ruling party had almost complete control over the media, public gatherings, special security laws and other government apparatus.

A number of factors contributed to rising discontent amongst Malaysians across racial divides, including rising crime, a slowing economy, a number of very public corruption scandals and increased oil prices. In addition, increasing discontent emanated from the minority Chinese and Indian communities over the pro-Malay NEP. The BN, now led by Mahathir¹s hand-picked successor Abdullah Badawi, recognized its support amongst Chinese and Indians would weaken, but expected that Malay support would remain strong so as to ensure pro-Malay policies.

This was a serious miscalculation. Not only did Chinese and Indians voters flock to the polls in support of the opposition, a number of Malays followed suit. There was a growing realization amongst average Malays that benefits from the NEP seldom found their way to working class segments of the community. Foreign investment continued to decline. Malaysia used to be America¹s tenth largest trading partner. It is now number sixteen. While the economy continued to grow, fewer people were benefitting from the gains.

Therein lies Mr. Anwar¹s most significant contribution to Malaysia¹s political earthquake. He coalesced a fractured opposition movement around the elimination of race-based politics ­ and did so in such a manner that supporters of the ruling BN party felt no compulsion to turn to violence, as a number of them actually agreed with Mr. Anwar. The achievement was made nonetheless remarkable by the fact that he campaigned through a complete media black-out and relentless attacks on his character through state-controlled media, but continued to draw significant crowds in the tens of thousands across the country including in areas dominated by the ruling
party. The opposition¹s innovative use of Youtube and text-messaging no doubt played a role in this as well.

Mr. Anwar was able to broker a cooperative arrangement amongst three major opposition parties ­ the left leaning mostly Chinese DAP, the Malay Islamist PAS party and his own PKR multi-racial Justice Party - to challenge the BN one-to-one in each contest. The opposition was able to achieve what most said was impossible given the entrenched power of the ruling BN party; undercut BN support amongst Malays by appealing to their sense of justice and fairness.

Malaysia¹s race-based system was likely to give way sooner or later, however Mr. Anwar paved a path for peaceful transition by bringing his credibility as a Malay politician to the table while simultaneously assuring Chinese and Indians that their rights would be respected. He talked Malays into letting go of the fear that incited communal riots in 1969. It is no small feat to peacefully transition out of entrenched systems of entitlement. One need only review Iraq¹s unfortunate history since 2003 for an example of how such a process can be terribly mismanaged.

While the opposition victory is certainly critical for charting a more egalitarian future for Malaysia, it also bodes well for the development of Muslim democracy. The opposition coalition¹s orientation brought moderate elements from the Islamist PAS party forward. PAS even fielded a non-Muslim candidate, an unprecedented move in its history. Meanwhile, Badawi sought to leverage racial divide by appealing to Malays through increasingly Islamist rhetoric. His efforts were resoundingly rebuked. The election results demonstrate that the majority Muslim country is interested in exploring a system politics that does not discriminate based on race or religion.

A weakened BN party cannot be entirely attributed to Anwar Ibrahim¹s improbable political resurrection. However, he undoubtedly played a critical role in organizing the opposition and reasoning the Malay population through this transition. Political possibilities that were unthinkable last week in Malaysia are all of a suddenly on the table. Mr. Anwar refers to this reality as a new dawn for the country. If he is successful in accomplishing his stated goals, most fair-minded observers would have to agree.

Mr. Ahmad is an essayist based in Cambridge, Mass. His commentary and analysis has appeared in the Economist, the Washington Post and other publications on issues related to national and international politics.

Ewan_sn
Liputan Newsweek: Back in the Light
By amita

Anwar 3 Artikel Dalam Newsweek:

1. Back In the Light
2. Malaysia’s famous ex-prisoner on his astounding political rebirth.
3. The Malaysian Race Card

Back In the Light

Purged, jailed and humiliated in the late 1990s, Anwar Ibrahim has staged a remarkable comeback at the helm of an opposition insurgency.

Anwar Ibrahim takes six calls in quick succession on three different mobile phones. Five days after Malaysia’s general election—in which his coalition shocked observers by winning several key states and almost ousting the long-ruling party—he has segued from surprise victor to tireless political operative, ironing out disagreements and building bridges within the still-fractious opposition. Inside his low-key suburban office, tucked several kilometers away from Parliament in leafy Kuala Lumpur, Anwar’s sense of purpose—destiny, even—is palpable. “Just listen to what the others have to say. Listen,” he tells one caller. “Stay calm, go home and have some dinner, some Panadol, whatever you need,” he tells another, adding, “If there are still strong views and you can’t solve it, let me handle [it].”

The performance is vintage Anwar: the great conciliator doing what he does best. Barely a decade ago, this was the man who was going to help Asia and the West see eye to eye and bridge the chasm between Islam and other faiths. As Finance minister and then deputy prime minister of Malaysia in the late 1990s, Anwar was heir apparent to the strongman Mahathir Mohammed. But it was always an odd pairing. Mahathir was an angry anti-colonialist, forever railing against the West; he denounced Western pressure for democracy and human rights as cultural imperialism, an affront to more authoritarian “Asian values,” and fiercely resisted international attempts to dismantle Malaysia’s cozy and corrupt business culture after the Asian financial crisis. Anwar, by contrast, was a proud universalist, a personally pious Muslim who was also a relentless modernizer and whose penchant for quoting Gandhi and declaring the necessity of democracy and economic openness won him international acclaim. In speeches filled with terms like “civil society” and “freedom,” Anwar opposed the notion that Asians were somehow destined for repressive rule and sought to turn regional vehicles like ASEAN into forces to promote liberty and justice. This won him widespread adoration—he was named NEWSWEEK’s Asian of the Year in 1998—and made him a darling of the Davos set.

But it also led to his downfall. By 1998, Mahathir had had enough of his high-flying deputy, and after Anwar publicly broke with his boss over the response to the Asian financial crisis (which Anwar hoped to use to impose fiscal discipline and dismantle Mahathir’s crony system), he was sacked and then jailed on what were widely seen as trumped-up corruption and sodomy charges. “It was a terrible time,” Anwar admits in a NEWSWEEK interview, but not one he is not eager to revisit. Asked about Mahathir, over whom he would appear to have scored a historic reversal of fortune, Anwar won’t take the bait, dismissing his former patron as old, ill and “not an issue for me … In order to succeed, we have to look beyond him.”

Under Malaysian law, Anwar is barred from holding office until April 15. Yet clearly the rising fortunes of his party make him once again a potential prime minister, though this time around his ambitions appear focused solely on Malaysia, not Asia and the world. Asked if he was poised once again to act as a bridge figure between East and West, Anwar embraced that “important role” as one he had been “playing for a long time,” but then quickly gave it a distinctly local focus: reassuring both Malays and non-Malays and getting them to work together in his party.

Thanks to widespread disgust with the lackluster performance of Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi, the three-party opposition more than quadrupled its presence in Parliament (going from 20 to 82 seats out of 222), and it now controls five of Malaysia’s 13 states. The greater import is clear: even some members of Abdullah’s camp are now calling for his resignation, and “Anwar has returned as a major force,” says Bridget Welsh, a Southeast Asia expert at Johns Hopkins University in Washington.

But the opposition still has to parlay those results into effective control. For the moment, Abdullah remains in charge, if barely. Still, the election was a water- shed, the closest the ruling United Malays National Organization (UMNO) has come to defeat since independence in 1957. The best Abdullah could say about the drubbing was to call it “democracy at work,” and Mahathir, who retired in 2003, called it “shocking”—adding, suggestively, “The Japanese would have committed hara-kiri.”

The vote also represented a major challenge to Malaysia’s wide-ranging race-based affirmative-action program, which, under Mahathir gave the country’s ethnic Malay majority broad preferences over the long-dominant Chinese community in business affairs. Even if the fragile center now holds in Kuala Lumpur, UMNO will soon face unprecedented threats from state governments now controlled by the opposition. Following a pattern discernible elsewhere in Southeast Asia, Anwar and his allies are staging an assault on the cronyism and patronage of old and pledging social justice, openness, transparency, and anticorruption measures.

The new movement is something of a sequel to the failed Reformasi drive of the late 1990s. Launched by Anwar after his ouster in late 1998, it aimed to ignite a “people power” uprising of the sort that had toppled Suharto in Indonesia. But Reformasi fizzled after Anwar’s criminal conviction; he ultimately served six years in prison.

Yet Malaysians’ desire for change never died. Abdullah, handpicked by Mahathir on the assumption he’d be easy to control, actually took up the reform mantle himself at first, pledging sweeping change during the campaign of 2004. Abdullah vowed to promote moderate Islam to counter creeping fundamentalism, promised an anti-corruption campaign and suggested he might turn back Malaysia’s race-based development policies. Voters responded well, especially when, in 2005, he began dismantling massive Mahathir-era infrastructure projects. But the electorate slowly soured on the new leader as scandal and indecisiveness hobbled his administration. “He did not deliver effectively, and Malaysians called him on it,” says Welsh.

If anything, the opposition’s triumph was even more significant than the raw numbers indicate. Anwar’s People’s Justice Party grabbed 31 seats—up from just one in 2004—and its victors included his wife and daughter. Opposition candidates dominated in peninsular Malaysia’s west coast, seizing the key industrial states of Penang and Selangor. To reach voters, the opposition relied on bloggers, You-Tube and text messages sent to grass-roots organizers via cell phone: common tactics in places like Indonesia, Taiwan and South Korea but new to Malaysia. Indeed, they took UMNO and its National Front coalition so much by surprise that the opposition nearly won the election outright. Anwar, for one, thinks it could have; during his NEWSWEEK interview, he hinted at fraud connected to the use of mail-in votes and the Election Commission’s last-minute decision to scrap plans to stain the voters’ fingers with indelible ink.

The electorate also broke with the race-based voting patterns of old. Malaysia’s Chinese and Indian minorities, which make up a quarter and a tenth of the population, respectively, deserted government-allied ethnic parties in favor of Anwar’s Justice candidates and those of center-left Democratic Action Party. The rebellion of ethnic Indians was particularly dramatic; many quit the pro-government Malaysian Indian Congress and the MIC’s leader even lost his seat. “This is new territory” for the ruling party, says Garry Rodan, director of the Asia Research Centre at Murdoch University in Perth, Australia. “The [party’s] longstanding emphasis on ethnic identity to mask socioeconomic inequalities traversing ethnic groups has much less currency now.”

Anwar’s coalition deftly managed this feat by playing on one issue that united Malaysians whatever their race, sex or station: dismay at rising prices that have lead to hoarding of some staples like cooking oil. Jeff Ooi, a blogger turned parliamentary candidate, traded on this anger, writing in February that “now that the cost of living has gone up, unhappiness is fermenting.” By promising to raise the people’s concerns in Parliament, Ooi won a seat in Penang with an impressive 16,000-ballot margin (out of 46,000).

Now the opposition must quickly transform its promises into a cohesive strategy for governing. Given internal divisions, that won’t be easy; the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party wants to establish an Islamic state, while the secular, center-left Democratic Action Party wants to abolish pro-Malay preferences. These divisions kept the opposition from uniting during the last election, in 2004. But Anwar and his Justice Party are hoping to provide a bridge; in addition to controlling the most seats, his party sits between its partners on most issues. Anwar himself is working overtime to find common ground, using his charismatic magic on all parties. Before the election, he managed to persuade the three factions to divvy up constituencies so as to avoid splitting the vote, and ever since he’s been working his cell phones relentlessly, jawboning allies into submission. Though he lacks a formal position, Anwar hopes to enter Parliament soon: he plans to ask an ally to resign once his legal ban lifts, and then to run for the seat in a by-election.

Any number of things could disrupt his grand plans. His Islamic allies could prove too uncompromising, or Malaysia’s economy could deteriorate—something the newly empowered opposition might be blamed for. On the first trading day after the election, the Kuala Lumpur Composite Index fell by almost 10 percent, as investors dumped shares in companies with large government contracts.

Yet if he manages to hold on, Anwar’s comeback will offer a powerful lesson on the dangers of complacency for long-ruling parties throughout Asia. The 4 million citizens of neighboring Singapore, for example, are already watching events closely, and comparing UMNO’s fate to the city’s own dominant political machine. Abdullah’s shortcomings—scandals and political indecisiveness—have no obvious equivalents in Singapore. Yet UMNO’s surprise setback “holds a lesson” for the city-state, one reader argued in a letter to The Straits Times last week. “Democracy’s tool, the vote, is powerful and swift. A government chosen by its people must stay in touch with the ground. An incumbent who holds power for too long” could run into trouble fast if he becomes unresponsive, the writer warned.

That has been Anwar’s point since the 1990s. With his nemesis, Mahathir, now reduced to carping from the sidelines, and the government coalition looking shakier than ever before, Anwar has again illustrated the fact that when fed-up citizens demand sweeping change, they can accomplish it. Anwar, of course, still has to turn promises into reality. But he’s already made one thing very clear: if anyone can accomplish it, Anwar’s the man.

Anwar Ibrahim: ‘It Was A Terrible Time’

Malaysia’s famous ex-prisoner on his astounding political rebirth.

Anwar Ibrahim is, for the for the time being, barred from holding office in Malaysia thanks to a politically criminal conviction dating from 1999. But in the general election on March 8, his People’s Justice Party scored an unprecedented 31 seats in Malaysia’s Parliament, and the broader coalition he is building nearly won a majority, ousting the party than has ruled the country for 50 years. Ibrahim was Finance minister and then deputy to strongman Mahathir Mohamad before becoming Malaysia’s best-known political prisoner; as such, he has gotten used to great reversals in his life. He spoke with NEWSWEEK’s Lorien Holland at his office in Kuala Lumpur about his comeback, the opposition’s triumph and his own political ambitions. Excerpts:

Holland: Did the election results come as a surprise to you?
Anwar: I was one of the small minority who believed we were doing well before the polls, so I was not that surprised. About three or four days before the election, [pro-government] newspapers were full of vicious personal attacks against me, so I knew things had to be going well, and that at that late stage the government was under siege.

What happened, exactly, on Election Day?
This was a defining moment for Malaysia. Nothing is going to be the same anymore. It is not unrealistic to imagine that we could actually have won a majority right then. If it were not for the [government’s] cancellation of the indelible ink [for use on voters’ fingers to prevent them from voting multiple times], we would have got 10 or 15 more seats.

You started your political life in the opposition. Then you joined the mainstream and rose to become deputy prime minister. But an acrimonious split with then Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad eventually landed you in jail. Now, a decade later, you are ba ck. Are you aiming to become prime minister?
In terms of seats, we are very close to winning a majority in Parliament. Right now we have to build up consensus between the opposition parties. We have lots to build, lots of work ahead.

You are banned from holding office directly until April 15. What will you do after that?
I have said at many events that I will contest a by-election after April 15. We have 31 M.P.s now, so this will not be difficult. But right now, I am not focused on that. Things are moving so fast. We have to set up four state governments and forge a strong coalition. This is a democracy, but still we are in a panic about the swearing-in.

What is it like having your wife and daughter as M.P.s?
There was a press conference at the house and I was asking why, because I hadn’t called a press conference. Then my daughter said, “Papa, this is not for you. This is my press conference.” I was hoping to get the weekend off with [my wife] Azizah, but she has to go and visit her constituency. Sometimes, I do wonder why we chose these things. We’re not mad, but maybe a little crazy.

Do you still see yourself as an East-West fusion figure?
I have been playing that role for a long time. It is an important one. You just can’t assume that people understand each other. In our party, you need to reassure both the Malays and the non-Malays. You need people working together, being more sensitive to each other. We had the three races [Malays, Chinese and Indians] going together and campaigning; we really are a multiracial party.

What about now, are you bridging the gap between the other two opposition parties?
I have had extensive discussions with both of them. We agree we have to work to build a more cohesive opposition. In the next few days, we are going to meet in private and set out the parameters of lasting cooperation. We have already fixed the date and time.

What are your feelings toward your mentor turned nemesis, ex-prime minister Mahathir Mohamad?
You brought him up, not me. I have forgotten him. He is old, he is not well and he is not an issue for me. I am not out to prove anything to him. In order to succeed, we have to look beyond him.

Has your time in prison altered any of your views?
No one enjoys prison. It was a terrible time for me and my family. But it was at least a time for reflection. I read Shakespeare’s complete works four and a half times. I read the Qur’an, I read Chinese classics and the Hindu Ramayana, and many, many great novels. Except for days when I was at court, I was just reading from 8 in the morning until midnight.

What are the most pressing issues ahead?
I passionately believe in democracy and freedom, more than before. These are issues of human concern that transcend race and religion. Before the election I was at a rally in a majority Chinese constituency, Bukit Penang. At the end, I had to hurry to another appointment. But a Chinese lady came up to me and she said, “Please, protect my children.” As you can see, I am feeling quite sentimental. I do draw the line about politics being just a game. People support you because you have principles.

The Malaysian Race Card

The dust of the elections is still settling, and there are few signs the rhetoric over race is going to diminish.

Anwar Ibrahim’s big victory in Malaysia’s elections looked on the surface like a triumph for both democracy and multiculturalism—a major accomplishment in this profoundly divided state. The Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party and the Chinese-based Demo- cratic Action Party (DAP) contributed to the opposition gains, but it was Anwar’s multiethnic People’s Justice Party that bagged the largest share of the popular vote and parliamentary seats. Yet events immediately following the vote—when rabble-rousing politicians once again started playing the race card—show just how dangerous the splits remain.

Race has always played a peculiar role here, in this country of 25 million cobbled together by the British from disparate kingdoms. Ethnic Malays today make up 55 percent of the population. Ethnic Chinese represent an additional 25 percent, and Indians 8 percent. The Chinese minority has long been perceived as dominating Malaysia’s business community, causing widespread resentment among poorer Malays and sparking vicious riots in the 1960s. Since then, successive governments have justified restrictions on civil rights by pointing to this bloody history, and to their credit they have managed to avoid major violence for 40 years. But sweeping affirmative-action programs benefiting ethnic Malays, put in place in 1971, have kept tensions bubbling just under the surface.

Anwar’s People’s Justice Party vowed to replace this race-based assistance program with one that would help the needy regardless of ethnicity. And since its formation in 2003 his party has been growing in strength, thanks to support from Malays, Chinese and Indians alike, all frustrated by the lackluster economic performance of the ruling National Front (BN) coalition and its leader, Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi. But by the middle of last week the opposition had succumbed to tribal instincts, with the various parties squabbling among themselves over jobs in state governments and threatening boycotts if they didn’t get the seats they thought they deserved.

At the same time, members of the National Front’s lead party, the United Malays National Organization (UMNO), have continued to play the race card. Indeed, politicians affiliated with this party seem to feel it is their duty to do so. UMNO has portrayed itself as the champion and protector of the ethnic Malays, and some members have promoted ketuanan Melayu (Malay supremacy). Worryingly, some of UMNO’s younger politicians, once hailed as progressives, are now doing the same thing. UMNO youth chief Hishamuddin Hussein, for instance, has made a habit of brandishing the keris, the Malay dagger, at the party’s annual assembly—a gesture widely understood as a veiled threat to any race that dares challenge Malay supremacy. His deputy, and Badawi’s son-in-law, Khairy Jamaluddin, recently warned that any split among the Malays—that is, any defection from UMNO—would be exploited by the Chinese.

Ironically, the same camps that play the race card are often just as quick to warn Malaysians of the consequences of acting on those feelings. And for the most part, that message has sunk in. Most Malaysians now recognize just how important the nation’s peace and stability are; indeed, they’re the bedrock on which Malaysia’s rapid economic development has depended. Yet as the dust of the elections settles, there are few signs the rhetoric over race is going to diminish. In the wealthy and mostly Chinese state of Penang, the Chinese DAP won power after 36 years of rule by the Malay-dominated BN. Incoming Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng quickly vowed to end the crude affirmative-action policy, which, he said, “only breeds cronyism, corruption and inefficiency.” In response, the prime minister warned the state not to marginalize Malays and said that “the state government must not try to create an atmosphere which can cause racial tensions.”

By many accounts race relations are now more tense than at any time since 1969. Ninety percent of Chinese students attend Chinese-language schools, while the majority of Malays attend public schools. Islam has taken a greater prominence in the social and political domains, breeding resentment among Indians and Chinese. Chinese and Indians, meanwhile, have become more vocal in opposing discriminatory policies, but they have given little indication that if they were granted greater equality they would rise above their own clannish tendencies. The enmity could erupt into violence. And if it does, it may, ironically, be triggered by the same affirmative-action policies that have done so much to prevent violence over the years.

The tragedy is that most Malaysians seem tired of the fractious politics of the past. Many Malaysians of all races have grown exasperated with Badawi’s failure to tackle corruption, crime and inflation. And they recognize that race-based politics is impairing social and economic progress. But unless the opposition parties can rise above the nation’s ethnic cleavages by learning to put national rather than ethnic interests at the forefront, ordinary Malaysians are unlikely to.
Ewan_sn
Anwar sedia tubuh Kerajaan Pusat, BN akan tumbang bila-bila masa
Mohd Rashidi Hassan
Tue | Mar 18, 08 | 11:45:37 am MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 18 Mac (Hrkh) - Pemimpin utama pembangkang, Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim bersedia untuk menubuhkan kerajaan bagi menggantikan Barisan Nasional, namun tindakan tersebut tidak akan dilakukan secara tergesa-gesa.

Bagaimanapun Harakahdaily difahamkan, Anwar yang diuar-uarkan bakal Perdana Menteri telahpun mengadakan perundingan dengan parti-parti gabungan pembangkang untuk menyediakan 'Kabinet Bayangan', terutamanya jika terjadi apa-apa kepada BN.

Dalam kenyataannya semalam, Anwar memperakui terdapat 'sejumlah' anggota Parlimen BN yang ditemui dan berhubung dengannya bagi menyatakan kesediaan mereka untuk menyertai Parti KeADILan Rakyat atau mana-mana parti gabungan pembangkang.

Namun menurut Anwar, beliau tidak akan mempraktikkan amalan 'membeli wakil rakyat' atau menjanjikan apa-apa jawatan bagi mereka yang berhasrat untuk menyertai pembangkang.

Pakatan pembangkang menguasai 82 kerusi daripada 222 kerusi di Parlimen. BN hanya memenangi 140 kerusi sahaja, kehilangan majoriti dua pertiga, pertama kali selepas 50 tahun memerintah.

51 kerusi Parlimen adalah diwakili dari kawasan Sabah dan Sarawak.

Jika fenomena ini berlaku, bermakna pembangkang akan memperolehi 112 berbanding BN 110, kelebihan dua kerusi untuk memerintah Malaysia.

Menurut sumber, berdasarkan perkembangan terkini, tidak mustahil Anwar boleh memperolehi tambahan 30 kerusi dari kalangan wakil rakyat BN, khususnya daripada Umno untuk menyertai pakatan pembangkang.

"Sebenarnya kita percaya Anwar boleh mendapatkan lebih dari 30 kerusi."

"Perubahan kerajaan (Pusat) boleh berlaku pada bila-bila masa, namun kita tidak mahu ianya berlaku secara tergesa-gesa kerana ia boleh menimbulkan keresahan rakyat dan menjejaskan kepentingan para pelabur," kata sumber yang rapat dengan Penasihat KeADILan itu.

Anwar bagaimanapun secara berterusan mempertegaskan agenda ekonomi untuk semua pihak sama ada rakyat atau sektor korporat bagi menjamin keselesaan pada masa akan datang.

Dalam kenyataan medianya sejak akhir-akhir ini, Anwar sering memberi penekanan kepada persoalan ekonomi dan taraf hidup serta jaminan pelaburan, dipercayai untuk memberikan keyakinan kepada rakyat.

Menurut sumber, Anwar sedang berusaha untuk menubuhkan kerajaan yang stabil, membawa masuk pelaburan asing dan mempertingkatkan taraf ekonomi rakyat.

Pada masa ini dilaporkan, Anwar banyak membuat perjumpaan dan perundingan dengan pelabur-pelabur asing dalam dan luar negeri bagi menyatakan komitmen dan jaminan semuanya tidak akan terjejas jika Kerajaan Persekutuan bertukar.

"Kita tidak ada 'target date' bila perubahan kerajaan akan berlaku, mungkin dalam tempoh terdekat atau setahun dua.

"Keadaan tergesa-gesa tidak akan berlaku, lagi pun kita mahu Anwar berpeluang masuk ke Parlimen sebagai Ahli Parlimen terlebih dahulu, untuk menjadi Perdana Menteri," kata sumber berkenaan.
Ewan_sn
Kerajaan BA,Pertubuhan Cina sokong, pelabur asing tunjuk minat - Anwar
Azamin Amin | Foto Wan Zahari Wan Salleh
Tue | Mar 18, 08 | 3:29:23 pm MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 18 Mac - Pelbagai pertubuhan dan persatuan Cina memberi sokongan penuh terhadap Kerajaan Barisan Alternatif (BA) di lima negeri khususnya di Selangor dan Pulau Pinang serta berminat untuk bekerjasama dalam polisi yang bakal dilaksanakan oleh kerajaan negeri terbabit.

Penasihat Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KeADILan) Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim berkata komitmen pertubuhan tersebut membabitkan isu-isu yang berkaitan masalah rakyat terpingir dan misikin dartipada pelbagai bangsa, pendidikan dan perumahan kos rendah.

Beliau berkata demikia sejurus selepas mengadakan pertemuan dengan para wakil perlbagai pertubuhan Cina di pejabatnya di Petaling Jaya, tengah hari tadi.

"Mereka semua menyatakan sokongan dan akan membantu dalam usaha menjayakan polisi kerajaan BA di samping usaha ini akan memantapkan lagi kerjasama di antara PAS, KeADILan dan DAP," kata Anwar di hadapan puluhan wartawan.

"Apa yang lebih penting ialah fokus kita untuk melaksanakan agenda perubahan dan meningkatkan ekonomi negara yang berdaya saing malah kita akan pastikan bahawa pengagihan ekonomi kan bebas daripada korupsi serta tidak melibatkan kroni atau agen." katanya.

Sementara itu Anwar juga turut menjelaskan bahawa pelabur-pelabur asing daripada negara Timur Tengah, China dan India semakin menunjukkan minat dan berhasrat untuk melabur di negeri-negeri yang diperintah oleh kerajaan BA.

"Walaupun kerajaan BA memerintah, namun operasi dan urusan seharian berjalan seperti biasa," katanya.

Beliau dalam pada itu turut membidas pihak-pihak yang tidak bertanggungjawab yang memainkan isu dan sentimen perkauaman yang mengundang rasa tidak senang rakyat di negera ini.

"Anda boleh pertikai dan kritik polisi BA tetapi tidak memainkan isu perkauman seperti 'khianati melayu' dan sebagainya," katanya.

Anwar menyatakan golongan yang wajar dilabel sebagai 'mengkhianati melayu' adalah terdiri daripada orang melayu yang 'melesapkan' berbillion ringgit untuk kepentingan diri, keluarga dan kroni.

"Siapa selama ini yang 'rompak' duit orang Melayu, saham orang Melayu? Yang pasti bukan KeADILan, PAS dan DAP," kata Anwar.

Beliau turut ditanya tentang perundingan dengan parti-parti gabungan pembangkang untuk menyediakan 'Kabinet Bayangan', terutama lawatannya ke Sabah dan Sarawak yang mengundang spekulasi ke arah pembetukan kerajaan baru.

"Perkara itu dalam proses dan bukanlah sesuatu yang perlu dipercepatkan.Agenda kita yang utama ialah melaksanakan polisi kita, membangun negeri dan membela nasib rakyat terpinggir.

"Kemungkinan ketika saya umumkan nanti ianya bukan lagi 'kabinet bayangan'...siapa tahu," katanya berseloroh menjawab soalan pemberita terbabit./wann.
Ewan_sn
Anwar - 'beli orang' Tradisi UMNO, Bukan Tradisi KeADILan, PAS dan DAP
Wan Nordin Wan Yaacob
Sat | Mar 22, 08 | 10:24:20 am MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, 22 Mac (Hrkh) - Penasihat Parti Keadilan Rakyat (KeADILan), Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim berkata emang benar ada rakyat Sabah, Sarawak dan Semenanjung menemuinya yang ingin bersama-sama bersandarkan agenda perjuangan dan agenda perubahan negara, tetapi beliau menegaskan 'beli orang' seperti yang didakwa Umno/BN bukan tradisi parti pembangkang.

"Memang benar ada rakyat Sabah, Sarawak dan Semenanjung menemui saya dan prinsip kita siapa sahaja yang ingin bersama-sama bersandarkan agenda perjuangan dan agenda perubahan negara, tetapi beli orang bukan tradisi kita," katanya.

"Kalau ada yang berbicara soal (bayaran) kita batalkan perbincangan sama sekali...kita tidak terburu-buru kerana kita mempunyai waktu," katanya.

Anwar juga berkata pihaknya akan membuat pengumuman mengenai kedudukan Ahli Parlimen Serian, Dato' Richard Riot Anaj Jaem selepas parti itu mendapat surat rasmi mengenainya.

Beliau berkata demikian dalam satu laporan akhbar versi internet (klpost) ketika ditanya mengenai berita mengenai Richard Riot yang dikatakan telah menyertai KeADILan.

Mengulas mengenai laporan bahawa KeADILan sedang melobi anggota Parlimen BN menyertai pakatan KeADILan, PAS dan DAP, beliau mendakwa ramai anggota parlimen BN telah menyatakan hasrat menyertainya tetapi pihaknya tidak mahu terburu-buru.

Beliau mengakui telah mengadakan perjumpaan dengan wakil BN di Sabah, Sarawak dan juga Semenanjung.

Wakil rakyat Parti Rakyat Bersatu Sarawak (SUPP) Richard Riot bakal menjadi ahli parlimen Pertama meninggalkan BN jika perkara itu berlaku namun Presiden SUPP Tan Sri Dr George Chan semalam menganggap ia sebagai khabar angin dan pihaknya belum menerima surat peletakan jawatan daripada Richard.

Pakatan KeADILan, PAS dan DAP kini menguasai 82 kerusi Parlimen manakala BN mempunyai 140 kerusi. Majoriti mudah yang diperlukan untuk menguasai parlimen ialah 112 kerusi.

Perniagaan dan Pelaburan

Sebelum itu, Anwar berkata lima kerajaan negeri yang diperintah PAS, DAP dan KeADILan memberi jaminan kepada pelabur asing dan tempatan semua projek pelaburan di negeri-negeri terbabit diberi kelulusan segera dan dikendalikan secara telus.

"Kita akan pastikan proses pelaburan di negeri-negeri ini (Kelantan, Pulau Pinang, Kedah, Perak dan Selangor) berjalan licin dan tidak ada kebocoran," katanya pada sidang akhbar selepas berjumpa Menteri Besar Perak Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin di Perak.

Beliau berkata kepimpinan tiga parti itu memberi jaminan kepada para pelabur asing dan tempatan akan mewujudkan iklim pelaburan tersebut dalam usaha mereka memberi tumpuan utama menggerakkan pertumbuhan dan pembangunan ekonomi negeri.

Anwar berkata beliau akan melawat negara Arab minggu depan serta menemui beberapa syarikat besar China dan perkara berkenaan akan dimaklumkan kepada mereka bagi menarik mereka melabur di negeri-negeri terbabit.

Beliau berkata lima kerajaan negeri itu perlu memberi tumpuan kepada pertumbuhan dan pembangunan ekonomi kerana jika perkara itu gagal dilaksanakan, kerajaan negeri terbabit tidak akan dapat mengagihkan kekayaan dengan adil dan saksama kepada rakyat seperti dijanjikan dalam pilihan raya.

Ewan_sn
Anwar jamin pemberian kontrak lima negeri pembangkang secara telus, tiada komisen
Johari Jaafar
Sat | Mar 22, 08 | 1:09:25 pm MYT

IPOH, 22 Mac (Hrkh) - Penasihat Parti KeAdilan Rakyat (KeADILan), Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim memberi jaminan lima kerajaan negeri yang diterajui oleh PAS, KeADILan dan DAP akan mengamalkan pemberian kontrak secara telus dan tidak ada 'jalan belakang' untuk mendapatkan kontrak.

"Kelima-lima Kerajaan Negeri akan mengamalkan pendekatan yang sama, kita akan bersikap telus dalam pemberian kontrak dan pelabur-pelabur jangan bimbang tidak ada komisen yang diminta," jelasnya.

Beliau berkata demikian dalam sidang media bersama Menteri Besar Perak, Ir Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin, di Pejabat Menteri Besar Perak semalam.

"Kita akan pastikan semua projek pelaburan di lima negeri, Kelantan, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Perak dan Selangor akan mendapat kelulusan segera dan dikendalikan secara telus.

"Kita juga akan memastikan proses pelaburan di kelima-lima Kerajaan Negerui ini berjalan licin dan tidak ada kebocoran," katanya lagi.

Menurut beliau lagi, kelima-lima kerajaan negeri memberi jaminan kepada pelabur-pelabur asing dan tempatan akan mengwujudkan iklim pelaburan baik dengan harapan ianya dapat menggerakkan pertumbuhan dan pembangunan ekonomi.

"Saya akan melawat negara Arab minggu depan serta menemui beberapa syarikat besar China dan perkara tersebut akan dimaklumkan kepada mereka bagi menarik minat mereka melabur di kelima-lima buah negeri ini," jelasnya.

Menurutnya lagi, kelima lima kerajaan negeri tersebut perlu menumpukan kepada pertumbuhan dan pembangunan ekonomi.

Jika ianya gagal dilakukan kelima-lima negeri tidak akan dapat mengagihkan kekayaan dengan adil dan saksama kepada rakyat seperti yang dijanjikan dalam manifesto pilihan raya umum yang baru lalu, katanya./wann.

Ewan_sn
Jawapan Anwar Pasal " Anwar Joget"

QUOTE(hazrat @ Mar 25 2008, 10:08 PM) *
anuar jawab pasal menari-->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1_tDRD7B4&NR=1

anuar menari-->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_QyMQEWHU...feature=related

p/s:memandangkan PCK suka menari kita layan klip ni dgn minda terbuka....

DSAI ckp stgah minit..aku kira x sampai stgh minit... rolleyes.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.